Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 826827828
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 36 minutes ago at 10:02pm
Chee View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks HY. The error and trial is pain, but I'll have to come through. Have to admit that the permutation of fishing factors seem overwhelming to me. Do you bring various tackles and change them during the day?

Went to Campbells Bay with 2 mates this morning, looking to reproduce some of your results. But I forgot my softbaits, plus the outriggers for one yak newbie. Luckily it was glassy, he had no problem on the water.

I used Ocean Angler flea silver 28g and orange 21g, a 60g slider on 3 rods. Generally it was quiet. Orange hooked a 29cm snapper about 500m from rocks, then moved to 1000m, and then back to 500m towards Mairangi Bay, the silver hooked3 tiny snappers. I moved back to rock, but no more bites.

Weather was nice, so it is still a good one.

Page  <1 826827828