Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 694695696697698 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:46am
deacs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Decided to get the boat wet so shouldn't report in here, caught limits of pannies but not on the bank itself had to drift quit a fair way off it, best bait was without a word of a lie half a gulp softbait dragged out the back.... fish very tentative on the bite, Boz got his limit on gulp to butmy mate who used Z-mans didn't get a legal fish all day so i caught his quota for him, gave him a gulp didn't catch anything so he took it off, i put the one he took off on and caught a fish first cast LOL, not his day. Think next time will go in search of some bigger fish....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:28am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good to see you Dan and Patrick. the boys had some nice pannies for the table, after I bumbed into you we headed to Leigh and squid fishing was slightily better there. Amazing water quality.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:52am
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looks stunning ay. How was the surf? I ended up taking my oldest out but the wind was all over the show so couldnt go to the usual south facing spot. Ended up close in off army bay on Sunday arvo. Fishfinder is on the blink so was fishing to a few boils and dropping birds that we saw working about 40 meters out. I got 2 decent hits and lost them both to a hook that was blunt. Tssk tssk. Replaced that and lost a ky on the first jump. Unfortunately my boy only got a few knocks but he was still happy being out there with me. We packed it in after an hour all up...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:08am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any big squid around mate? Yeah finally got the stealth wet, launched at Jones early with Dan and we did ok despite Dan’s sounder wanting a day off. Nothing massive but several around 7lb. Sliders in 22m under birds. Enjoying the stealth, nice and easy to paddle and way faster than my prowler 4.5. Just need to sort fish storage and make a sun shade for the sounder.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:34am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not big yet tele, just small 200gm but tasty all the same
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:15pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by DenimViper DenimViper wrote:

Not big yet tele, just small 200gm but tasty all the same
I might have a crack at them over Easter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 5:51am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:35am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Friday will be the only day I can get out, we have a family working bee down at the batch at Wahi Beach Sat-Mon.
Think I might give the same spot another try.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 6:39pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:10pm
Platinum
Platinum

Carpark 6am, or earlier? Sunup round 6:48.
Think we were catching well before sunup last week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:55pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 5:48pm
Titanium
Titanium

I’m gonna launch at Sullivan tomorrow, do a bit of livebaiting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 6:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

No bait schools around, lots of baby snapper. No kings seen, the north shore club was there and it looked like most of them were struggling also.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:16pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
Titanium
Titanium

Got bored so I thrashed out to moturekareka and back dragging a big dr evil fast as I could, great workout
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:26pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:29pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

No bait schools around, lots of baby snapper. No kings seen, the north shore club was there and it looked like most of them were struggling also.

I went north to the Kingi spot on Friday morning. No bait schools with anything of size, blowing 5knts SE on launch that picked up to 15knts. (Not forecast)
I got 3 livies about 15cm and the other 15 were 4cm...... disappointing. Sounds like they all disappeared. Patrick- weird for the time of year.
No Kingi’s so SB and got 2 nice snaps mid 40s and a good size jd.
Your new yak sounds the way to go, light and fast😊
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:45am
Platinum
Platinum

Yep not a bad morning out on Friday with the boys. Nice early start had us paddling out in quite bright moonlight, and I go a bit separated from the others at first. I struggled in my spot and only produced 1 keeper and a few smaller throwbacks. I headed over to see how the rest were going and MK put me onto a much better spot. I landed a couple of ok fish but spent most of the time watching MK haul them in one after the other. He got close to his limit so gifted me a couple, one very nice sized pannie, and I picked up a couple more before we headed in.
Would have to have been one of your better days on the score board MK you were smashing it!
Had a quick catchup with the boys on the beach, good to see you again Mitch!
Spent the rest of the weekend painting and re-decking the family batch at Waihi Beach, looking out at some nice calm seas most mornings!

Page  <1 694695696697698 849>