Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 681682683684685 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:51am
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work Brent!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:51pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bullet Bullet wrote:

Yeah, u r right Dan.
Shane has a local spot he threatens to catch one at ..😆😆

Down the bays must be ready to give Kingi’s a go now,
I’m locked in for Saturday fishing at Sullivan’s this weekend with the youngster in the back Will have a scout around.

You guys are always welcome down here, I' m far more protective of snapper and gurnard spots over winter and with kings you got to be be lucky round here to find em on the day. Sharks were problem last time out but there were plenty kings off here last summer within few hundred meters of rocks. And some big ones to a meter plus at times. This blow will probably do it in terms of bringing them in. They were here this time last year already.
Just watch out for pantiie snapper and smalller which can be in plague proportions. They are my future 10 pounders.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:25pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Shane.
I’ve yak fished ur bay about 3 years ago and got a feed a snaps and kahawai.
I need to exercise my shoulders more so local over summer will be the go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:25pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I knew today was gonna play ball despite what weather was forecasted. Set off on the water at 5 30 and made my way to the livey spot. Loaded up on lollies and then the sounder died but I knew roughly the depths around where I was going to fish just had to fish blind. Got plagued by lots of horse ky untill I got one solid hit by Mr King .had him under control then dropped the bugger with the hook..perhaps I got reefed as it looked like some abrasion on 80lb leader. Saw some top water guys get a few chasers and I quickly spun into actuon and casted my topwater set but struggled to get proper sweeps to make the lure swim nice so I went back to lives. At that stage I only had two left and no kings on board..made my way to the deeprer water and the reel went bananas. Screaming and line peeling at a rate of knots. I knew this was reasonable fish so I had to put some hurt on it asap and get my line back. It was a good scrap and a nice kingie popped up which I took home. Measured just over 1m. Choice morning out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:27pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 5:59pm
jac View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice report Dmitriy
It all came together in the end 👍
Sashimi tonight
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 7:16pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:12pm
Platinum
Platinum

I tried closer in Dan but no takes, guess fishing blind has it's limitations. I was taking it easy after livey sesh so pretty happy in the end
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 8:21pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:05am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone heading out tomorrow morning? I might launch early at Army and do some softbaiting. Want to launch around 5am.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:28am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I went out in my mates tinny on Tuesday out North channel and did pretty well. The weather was a bit rough but we managed to get out in 35-50m out the channel for an hour or so and got into some nice snapper and also picked up a decent Porae and a gurnard.

If anyone is feeling like a decent paddle, it is definitely doable from Jones, probably a 5-6km paddle just get the tides right. It's probably a couple of km past Maori Rock.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:43am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:46am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah I thought it was a much bigger snapper, pretty stoked with it though. Only the 2nd one I've caught and was a nice surprise on a micro jig.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:06am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Dmitry, good to see you back in the yak mate. 
I was thinking AB too Tele, was thinking of snooping round the edge of the channel maybe. Not sure what time I'll launch, so might see you out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:17am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Big Manly Yaka Big Manly Yaka wrote:

Nice work Dmitry, good to see you back in the yak mate. 
I was thinking AB too Tele, was thinking of snooping round the edge of the channel maybe. Not sure what time I'll launch, so might see you out there.

North shore yak club has end of yr fishing day at Sullivan’s. best stay clear of that location.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 11:19am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by DenimViper DenimViper wrote:

I tried closer in Dan but no takes, guess fishing blind has it's limitations. I was taking it easy after livey sesh so pretty happy in the end

Nice fish DV. Fishingvthat area for snaps works with jack Mac bait. Friend picked up some good snap last week there, under the schools.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 12:23pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

oooh! Nice one DV! I'm heading out on a boat sunday morning. Should be fun venturing a bit further out :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:43am
Titanium
Titanium

Well that was s**t.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:00pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

No luck T?
kept 1 about 38cm. Let a few barely legals go. Pretty rough and next to no sign. Can a fishfinder die partially? Still picks up the seabed but not seeing any fish lately despite catching plenty.
Page  <1 681682683684685 849>