FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a~~tauranga fishing

Page  <1 331332333
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 27 minutes ago at 7:34am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium


Joined: 07 Sep 2004
Location: Papamoa
Status: Offline
Points: 4885
Waihime, I have been using Uncle's Terakhi Terror's which he makes for Decoro at the Mount for years, they have the smallest recurve hooks you can buy and they are great, all I use for terakihi. Even when the tera's are not really on the bite you still pick them up, not always but most times, sometimes they just have total lockjaw. The rigs are also made strong enough that if you have something bigger take the bait you can still land it.
 
Bill what size are those hooks you use in those rigs?
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 9 minutes ago at 7:52am
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver


Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 282
Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:


Waihime, I have been using Uncle's Terakhi Terror's which he makes for Decoro at the Mount for years, they have the smallest recurve hooks you can buy and they are great, all I use for terakihi. Even when the tera's are not really on the bite you still pick them up, not always but most times, sometimes they just have total lockjaw. The rigs are also made strong enough that if you have something bigger take the bait you can still land it.
 
Bill what size are those hooks you use in those rigs?


Thanks Marligator, I've heard a lot of you guys swearing by Uncles rigs and have been meaning to hunt some down. Will get into Decoro in the next few days
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 44 minutes ago at 8:17am
lizid View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Location: Waihi
Status: Offline
Points: 82
Waihime I got a dozen teras plus 4 legal snaps yesterday morn out of Bowentown. Supposed to be sea condition 8 - who do I send my chiropractors bill to? Been repeating that tera catch every 10 days or so over the last couple of months. Last time was only 1 snapper but it was 60cm, 17 lb to put me top of board I believe. Get my number from Mathew at Barry Armstong Motors and I will inform you.
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 42 minutes ago at 8:19am
lizid View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze


Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Location: Waihi
Status: Offline
Points: 82
Oooops that snap was 69cm
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 8 minutes ago at 8:53am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt
Avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Location: Tauranga, NZ
Status: Offline
Points: 12998
Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:

 
 
Bill what size are those hooks you use in those rigs?

Vance, the manufacturers label them as a size 13.
I would guess more like a #1 or even #2 

Will see if I can post a pic to show the size comparison with a 1/0 
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 3 minutes ago at 8:58am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt
Avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Location: Tauranga, NZ
Status: Offline
Points: 12998
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote *stu* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 40 minutes ago at 2:21pm
*stu* View Drop Down
Gold
Gold
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Location: New Zealand
Status: Offline
Points: 890
I some times drop down to uncle's little mackeral bait catching sabiki and a tiny slither of tuatua when they are hard to get to bite and it can help.
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 40 minutes ago at 4:21pm
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Location: Tauranga, NZ
Status: Offline
Points: 1409
Originally posted by *stu* *stu* wrote:

I some times drop down to uncle's little mackeral bait catching sabiki and a tiny slither of tuatua when they are hard to get to bite and it can help.

I've had a day when his Mini Macs were the only things I could catch them on
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 5 minutes ago at 7:56pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver


Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 282
Originally posted by lizid lizid wrote:

Waihime I got a dozen teras plus 4 legal snaps yesterday morn out of Bowentown. Supposed to be sea condition 8 - who do I send my chiropractors bill to? Been repeating that tera catch every 10 days or so over the last couple of months. Last time was only 1 snapper but it was 60cm, 17 lb to put me top of board I believe. Get my number from Mathew at Barry Armstong Motors and I will inform you.


PM sent
Back to Top
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 3 minutes ago at 7:58pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver


Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Status: Offline
Points: 282
Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:

 
 
Bill what size are those hooks you use in those rigs?


Vance, the manufacturers label them as a size 13.
I would guess more like a #1 or even #2 

Will see if I can post a pic to show the size comparison with a 1/0 


Ok these are way smaller than I was using. Thanks for posting the pics Uncle. Will grab some of your rigs from Decoro
Back to Top
Page  <1 331332333
Forum Jump
Forum Permissions View Drop Down


This page was generated in 0.399 seconds.