Anyone got a wrapper/dryer I can borrow (AKL)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone got a wrapper/dryer I can borrow (AKL)
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 4:52pm
Dave A View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi team. I'm taking the plunge and making myself a couple of new rods. A jig rod and a stickbait rod. Does anyone have a wrapper and/or more importantly a dryer that you're willing to loan me? Doesn't need to be anything fancy, I was going to rig something up but it seems a waste.

I'd probably need it for a couple of weeks, in a week or two time (I'm putting in a mudhole order tonight). A dozen cold beers your way and the kit back in tip top shape of course.

I'm based on the north shore in Auckland (Birkenhead)

Thanks
Dave
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Welcome to borrow my DIY set but I'm in Kerikeri....my son is in Aucks and comes home every couple of weeks though, based in Howick.
It Is pretty basic but does the job.
2 rod holders

Thread tensioner

Rotisserie drying motor

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 11:54am
Dave A View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That'd be awesome thanks Muchalls I'd love to take you up on that offer. It looks like a good setup and would do the job nicely.

I'll pop you a pm with my details and if you can pop it in the car with your son the next time he comes down it's be much appreciated

Cheers
Dave
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:13am
Dave A View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks again to Muchalls for the loan of the wrapper. It worked a treat. I thought I'd share a couple of pics of the two completed rods.

8ft two piece

5'2" Overhead jig

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 12:20pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

very nice, I have just ordered 2 more blanks from the UK for surf rods, I like the colour of the thread - what brand ? also what top coat?
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:18pm
Dave A View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Scuzzy, the blue thread is Prowrapp metallic 3450 MM-A.

Top coat is Flexcoat highbuild formula

Both of those, and 95% of everything I used was sourced from Greg at GoFish. He provided some great advice/input, threw in some free bits and bobs, and I got everything I needed straightaway. 

The couple of things I ordered from MudHole ended up on taking an age. One item went on back-order, and that delayed everything because otherwise it's 2x shipping costs, then the item (a fancy grip) that was on back-order turned out to be end-of-line and not manufactured anymore. Not the end of the world but held me up for a few weeks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 3:32pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you don't mind me asking what stick bait blank Is it and how much?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buggar-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 7:23pm
Buggar-me View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Dave,

I regularly order stuff from Mudhole. It used to take a week, but have noticed lately its taking a lot longer. Last order was over 3 weeks. Something is amiss! Yes go fish is great, but I have found that if you buy "lots of stuff" it does work out cheaper. I don't want to knock local suppliers and I think we need more like go fish, but for me going overseas was definitely better once I worked out the rates.