FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone do the convoy thing .....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone do the convoy thing .....
    Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

as in have a caravan and a boat and make the wife tow 1 while you tow the other or is the preference to do 2 trips......Just got a jayco pop top and idea is teach the wife to tow that so i can tow the boat ......had a permanent caravan at whangamata but thats gone burger now and quite looking forward to exploring more places Big smile 
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:12pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi cosmo.not me personally but a mate of mine does 2 trips.just stays away long enough to make it worth while.regularly does taranaki to coromandle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 8:23pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

G sus thats a big call, have several spots up the coromandel and thats why a convoy
Cheers hats off to yr mate thats a 10hr turnaround
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:38am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I did many years ago, she towed the caravan and I tried to keep up.... It was scary...
Now it's just me and the caravan stays there, going anywhere else is a matter of renting our sleeping in the boat
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:03pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahaha im relying on the fact shes a timid driver lol

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:58pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes I know of a few couples that do the convoy thing. Seem' to work for them. When they do so, they work on three to four weeks at a time, makes it worthwhile. And if they like a place/ Papa-Aroha to pick a spot, then they tend to leave boat and van at camp, for small fee, come back a few weeks later, for more RAR, then if wanting to tow them home again.

Teaching another to tow a boat/ caravan is very simple. Most important is to not look into mirrors at vehicle being towed, just concentrate on the road ahead. Don't get into positions where you need to go backwards, leave that for hubby until you are very confidant.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:04pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good advise Hook It but she knows how much i love both so shell be a starter for 5 on the trailer and go from there...could be keen on leaving our caravan some were but being a poptop (big one)  security could be a issue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Hook-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:30pm
Hook-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Enjoy your time cosmo, you will get it sorted, i am sure.Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:35pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cheers