Another rod rack completed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another rod rack completed
    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Last week spent at bach at Leigh, and noticed my dad had his old fishing gear stored in the old garden shed stacked in empty rubbish tin. He no longer fishes as in his senior years. Some  of stuff is vintage stuff and holds a lot of memories, even for me. I remember the penn sea boy and stiff rod winching up snapper from our 10 foot Starcraft, and later on still being used on his old steadcraft. We even bought him a red abu 7000 on a flash Berkeley rod over 20 years ago, that too was gathering cobwebs and showing early signs of corrosion. Of other reels in the shed discovered was a very small perfect working 50 year old Ryobi owned by my little brother and an original gold 300 serries Diawa sealine, and an old bailess Mitchell 312 spinner. Plus rods had nice wooden buts and cork for grips.
Anyway suggested after braving mosquitos in old shed, and extracting said gear we clean it up and I build a decent rack and put the rods in garage. Going to deliver rod rack back to Leigh today and will put the old rods in. Come to think of it, could also be handy to have another rack up at Leigh to put my rods in when I visit.
Cost approximately $60 to put together excluding the wood stain which I already had. Rod holders from marine deals on special cost under $5 bucks each.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 11:33am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice! Mine live outside on the deck in short lengths of PVC pipe. I should build something that looks nice enough to stay indoors.