8 hours of pain

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8 hours of pain
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 4:39pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out wide the other day with good mate Aaron Mcloy.  Initially we thought a feed would be good so we spend ages trying to get a feed of bass/blue nose.  On the 5th drop we finally got one.  We had noticed a pillar of bait up to 80m off the bottomand loads of other sign but a mirrad of drift errors and a gemfish and shovel nose shark things took awhile.

After that we deployed a bait 320m down and we didnt have to wait long.  10 mins in I noticed a small tap on the rod, Aaron said I was dreaming.  5 minutes later tap tap tap - and he says "mate your dreaming" - "again i reply how could you not see that!?"  Im messing with you he replys - sheeshh man having me on?  this is serious i reply.

Soon the fish takes the bait and we let em run for quite some time, slowly pushing the drag up it feels like its gone no weight?... hmm..... back to free spool....waiting waiting oh hang on there it is drag on again and yup were hooked up.  The fish is very heavy, and makes a couple of medium fast charging runs and we dutifully begin to follow.  over the next few hours of we make some small gains when the fish is swimming up usually 50-80 m off the bottom before charging back down against drag and really it goes where it wants, hangs out where its comfortable and nothing really changes apart from my legs start to hurt....  TBC
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:15pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up sounds like a good read coming

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:13pm
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:34am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Du dum......duh dum..du dum. du dum duh dum
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:32am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So still hooked up and haven't seen the fish yet?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:03am
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

8 hours of pain - sound familiar Dougie?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:26pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We can only hope you were successful.
I know the effort and hours you have put in so far to get a positive result.
They certainly don't come easy for most.
Waiting for the story of experience.
8 hours, I'd be crying out for relief two hours in.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:34pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thresher shark hooked in the tail, is what I hope it isn't !!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:36pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Or even worse 8 hours of pain only to lose it without ever seeing what it was, now that is the ultimate frustration I reckon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:01pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by NZTurtle NZTurtle wrote:

8 hours of pain - sound familiar Dougie?

Yes, but the only thing that was in pain was Deirdre's electric reel!LOLClown
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:42pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Catchelot,
Whose Diedrie.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:00pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im hanging here.. not sure if have this right???
 "Title is 8 hrs of pain.."
 ending with " TBC " At 4:49pm yesterday

then next post of the pic 20 hr 40 mins ago  that makes 
10 pm yesterday??

OK what happened , what is it.. or was?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:15pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Catchelot,
Whose Diedrie.

Doug aka Krow LOL
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:23pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Al.
I'll remember to use the call sign Diedre next time I call Doug.

Steps.
8 hours, would take me days to recover and type.
Though Jake is a much younger man than I.
We're all on tender hooks hoping for the best.
He's hopefully smoking it up now, I'm waiting the call for a pick up of broadbill.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:31pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

**** I hope the story isn't in the title "8hrs of pain" as in broke an arm or got a spear through an appendage and it took 8hrs of slowly making their way in...... plz be a big swordy you tease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:48pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Cheers Al.
I'll remember to use the call sign Diedre next time I call Doug.

Yep when he isn't fishing he is normally washing his hair and painting his nails, hence the name WinkLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:55pm
Platinum
Platinum

Sorry guys been in hospital. Not from broadbill. Long story short the fish smashed us for 7 hours doing what it wanted. Slowly but surely it started to be more erratic and make more crazy runs came up to surface but never broke jumped. Did circles. Made some power surges. Swam along the 200m line for a few hours then back towards canyon then more circles. Repeat with long runs that were completely unstoppable.

Slowly we were getting somewhere after being railed for 6 hours at times having 3 guides under the water. Finally we had it to the top shot and a flash of a big silver side and the lights before running steadily for again 5minutes while we chased along at 2 knots behind Darn fresh as. .   Then we thought it was dead after getting to top shot then it run heart breaking 220m down and not doing alot. We starting corkscrewing it up under big drag and locking down hands and we were WINNING. 50M UP. 100M UP. NOT FAR TO GO.

Deteriating weather forcast outlook was 20 or was it 30 knots NE WIND and 2m developing NE SWELL. IT HAD ALREADY BUILT TO solid white caps and every turn ment the wind catching and blowing the boat in such a way it made the fight hugely difficult.

At 840 just on 8 hours from hook up while desperately trying to get the last 40m my top shot bthe line parted. Turns out she was still alive and didnt want to come up.

Comptletly wrecked me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:02pm
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

fffuuuuuicccxkkkkkkk great one that got away story I'm sorry to hear that
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:09pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Aagghhh,
I guess that means no smoked broadbill.

I've never fought a fish that long.

Just don't what to say Jake, gutted for you.

Know you'll keep trying, I hope.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:11pm
Platinum
Platinum

Will go to 60kg top shot and give fish way more grief at beginning to hopefully shorten fight. Next one will prob be a toothpick that will be embarrassing hahahha
Page  12>