8 hours of pain

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:38pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A good effort Jake, to fight it for that long then have the line break.                      Some fish just aren't meant to be caught.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 9:17pm
White snake View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hard luck Jake.Bloody gutting.Especially with all the effort you put in.The highs and lows of fishing.Its never a nice feeling when the weather ****s itself either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:08pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top effort and RESPECT Jake, but thats fishing, you know that and I know you will be back for more, next time maybe with bigger guns!ClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:47am
reel crayze View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hard luck, great read thanks for posting.

Hope you are better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:19am
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah back at work atm thinking about doing a heavier top shot and having another go on the weekend but emmm dunno.  And yeah some fish just are not ment to be caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 5:56pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top marks for effort
Don’t fall into the trap of thinking “some fish aren’t meant to be caught”... that’s not why it got away.
Very good fisherman regularly chasing and catching records dont make excuses, they review, plan implement then review again....
sounds like you’ve figured out what and how for next shot, Catch em up!!!
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:31pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Feel your pain Jake. I know what it's all about too. Sounds like it was the same fish I played with a couple of years ago. 23kg drag 1/2 the rod in the water and still peeled off 400m in one run.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:03pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a fish on for 5 1/2 hrs about 18 mths ago, stand up. Trace (80lb) finally broke. I don't feel bad - just happy to have fought such a beast - big as the boat. It is some achievement to do 8 hrs on a fish. landed or not (near irrelevant in my opinion). And my feeling is they are entitled to win some, when they fight like that. Landed or not, an experience to be remembered.
And thats what it is about - right?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:41pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks all for the input - its one reason why I still post here is everyones shared experience!  Titahi  Iknow what you mean and we have upgraded, but on the day with the experience we had "the fish wasnt ment to be caught"  I dunno maybe we have to earn it more but one thing for sure it was a fish of a life time and we just were not good enough with fatigue building seas and i was not patient enough.    Aaron summed it up well the next day and said it was an experience he will remember for the rest of his life - mine to!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:53pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awsome stuff jake, part of fishing is the planning. When we do the miles we get the smiles.
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 6:32pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Call Peter Jackson and pitch the movie line.... not sure if it would be labelled a disaster movie or a drama..... 8 hours, mate that's hard.
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:52pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome stuff Jake and mucho commiserations.
Next time, eh?

I dragged a dead stripy out of 350 M and it took me 4 1/2 hours - I was totally shagged, utterly & completely.
Next time, if I get anything like that again, then 2 hrs max and hand rod over to someone else. At one point I let butt rest on gunwhale and within 10 seconds skipper tapped me on shoulder and made an upwards sign.....b....ard!
Respect!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:23am
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mean rumble,not too many fish can rumble like that and can be a long time between hooking up to one that can.
!0/10 points for giving it your best shot and in less than ideal conditions,not cutting it off so you could get home in time for tea
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 9:29am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

2hrs or 4 6 or 8hrs those are memories that I may one day experiance.
In the mean time can only sit back in respect of the person on one end the the fish on the other.
The odd fish, no where near this sort of league that have lost without seeing, and eventually seeing then lost, the latter has always been the most memorable and still satisifying in just getting it up.

Full respect for you and the fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:08am
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I feel your pain! We lost a beast after 6 hours 2 weeks ago. I had it on the leader 5 times!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:05pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Tough break mate! But jeez aye, you gotta love the unknown feeling of setting off out to sea - you just never know what's going to happen...

Sounds like an amazing experience and no doubt you'll be wiser for it - as might a couple of us after reading this!

Cheers
Speedy
Proud supporter of Ronald McDonald House & the team at Legasea

Page  <12