3 kings

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 kings
    Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 10:02am
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went for a wee little drive the other weekend to the king bank.  Still marlin there as we saw a rather large model feeding on Saury in the afternoon, was  great spectacle and surprised on the 1 June and between 16.8 and 17' that they are still there.

FYI the fishing was abit slow but all the fish we did catch were beauties!  also no marlin gear on board
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 10:07am
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 11:07am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Epic!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 6:00pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Holy crap - looks like an epic mid winter trip. Some seriously good eating there.
How deep were the puka and BN? Those jigs don't look very heavy. (250gm?)
And what is that last fish?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2024 at 7:06pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish, that king tarakihi is a cracker. Beautiful eating. King on jig also very fat.
Gear you had would likely a marlin looking at photos. Just would needed livies,  skipbait, or couple of lures.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 1:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

we definately were not up there looking for marlin but after to chatting to a few people the word is plenty up there.  it was qutie the spectical watching this huge ass thing smash the saury that started as one massive shoal jumping that splintered into 2 groups that splintered into 2 more groups then BAMM marlin.

The jigs we were using were 300gm
The Bass (not puka) were in 150, same as the kingi and they were eating pink maomao.  the blue nose was 300+
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 8:46pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow, good fishing. Great trip.
You still on for Vtu? I have  a charter mate here, next door basically,  (Nambas). Heaps of cancellations. All the charter guys very quiet. Fishing looks very hard. May be better further afield.
But I am 5 mins down road from Dropcasts base. Can catch up if you want.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2024 at 6:06am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wow, impressive fish
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 12:36pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah Alan we are all go, I have new flightlys book and apparently there is a new air line starting so once thats up and going we will have to book flights up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2024 at 5:01pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Air Nauru are putting flights in I think.
Good luck.
My local number is 7774418.
I am 5 mins away from Dropcast boat.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member