NZ Fishing News magazine has pulled together a team of key suppliers, spearheaded by Suzuki Marine, to pimp out one deserving person's boat.
At the end of the project, the vessel will have received a major overhaul including everything from the trailer up, including a new outboard, electronics, chandlery and fishing tackle – all in time for summer. Suzuki Marine will re-power the selected vessel with a new four-stroke Suzuki outboard up to a maximum of 100 horsepower, depending on the size of the hull, while Hamilton-based Voyager Trailers will refurbish the trailer.
BLA will supply a new Humminbird sounder, a JBL sound system and Ocean underwater lighting. Depending on the suitability of the vessel, a SavWinch capstan may be incorporated in the ultimate makeover along with a MinnKota electric motor and a Cannon downrigger.
Absolute Marine is taking care of any chandlery needs such as rod holders, navigation lights and the like while Hamilton-based Suzuki agent, Phil Birss Marine, will undertake the fit-out.
Brave Design, the signwriter to the boating stars, will contribute their expertise to the final look of the project boat while the Journey of a Fisherman team will document the transformation from start to finish.
Safety has not been forgotten with iconic New Zealand based company, Hutchwilco, sorting those requirements. Century Yuasa will be providing upgraded battery power to ensure a smooth start every time and that the electronics and lights have ample power to operate.
Topping it all off will be a selection of the latest tackle from the extensive Catch Fishing catalogue.
So, how do you go about getting your own, a mate or a family member’s boat nominated?
Eligibility criteria & rules
• Boat must be 5.5 metres or less in length and in sound condition.
• Nominations must be received by NZ Fishing News by 5.00pm, Friday September 27.
• The Ultimate Marine makeover recipient must agree to participate in associated publicity.
• The refurbishment programme must be signed off by the recipient prior to the commencement of any work.
• The prize value cannot be redeemed in cash.
• The selection panel will consist of two senior NZ Fishing News staff and one representative from Suzuki Marine.
• The panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winner is responsible for getting the project boat to Auckland as well as insuring it.
• The extent of the refurbishment will depend on the suitability of the selected boat.
How to enter
Take a high-res photograph of the boat, and send it in to us, along an (approximate) 100 word explanation as to what you would like us to do to the boat to bring it back to its best, and explain why the owner is a deserving recipient (even if it’s yourself) of the Ultimate Marine Makeover.
Include your name, address and mobile or best daytime number. If the boat nominated is not yours, please include the owner’s name and contact details and state your relationship with the owner – wife, partner, fishing buddy, family member etc.
Email the image at the original resolution, along with the entry details, to [email protected] with ‘Ultimate Marine Makeover’ in the subject box.
Alternatively, you can send a physical copy of your photograph, along with the nomination and contact details to:
Ultimate Marine Makeover
C/- NZ Fishing Media
PO Box 11 640
All entries must be in at NZ Fishing Media by 5.00pm, Friday, September 27, 2019.
Full terms and conditions are here.
30 July 2019