Whoever said winter was no good for fishing must never have been to New Zealand! The winter weather definitely hasn't stopped us Kiwi's getting out and on the water, and this month we've got plenty of epic stories to share!
- Helen Horrocks, who has a pending world record claim for a southern bluefin tuna, tells you the story of how her epic fish was caught while out with ADOS Addicted to Fishing.
- Mark Kitteridge looks at simple snapper methods using lures - a perfect method for winter fishing.
- Tony Orton from Journey of a Fisherman reflects on his family's fishing adventures around Central America, including a trip to Guatemala while a volcano was erupting!
- Sam Mossman continues his epic "Choosing a trailer boat" series - this month is all about the good stuff - fish-ability!
- The 'Eging for Squid' team fill you in on what kind of gear you need to master the art of eging (fishing for squid).
- Miah Dixon demystifies electric trolling motors by looking at five practical ways to fish with them.
- Nick Jones shares why he loves fishing the top of the Coromandel and some of his favourite spots.
- Land-based fisho, Andy Macleod, shows off ones of his favourite areas
- Wellington's Fitzroy Bay.
- Editor Grant Dixon checks out Spot X Fishing Charters in the Bay of Islands.
- Adam Royter from Stray South - shows off the mega trout he's caught in the southern canals.
All this, plus great features from our regular kayak, freshwater, spearfishing and Pacific Island's contributors, as well as plenty of new toys and product reviews.
With Father’s Day on September 2nd, now is the time to sort a subscription for dad.
Give Dad a subscription to NZ Fishing News (or renew yours) and be in the draw to win a great full day fishing for two with guide Carl Muir on Provider, departing from Whitianga, and an Okuma Metaloid 12S reel and Metaloid 5’ 200-350g PE3-6 rod combo. Hosted by NZ Fishing News with one night’s accommodation provided. Prize Value - $2300
By getting in early, we can offer a downloadable gift certificate to give dad on the day.
Head to www.nzfishingnews.co.nz to get a subscription!
26 July 2018