LegaSea will be promoting FishCare – The School of Best Practice at the 2018 Auckland On Water Boat Show.
FishCare is about helping people understand how they can reduce their impact on the fishery and marine environment. With 700,000 people fishing each year, even small changes can make a big difference.
The five core principles LegaSea will be promoting at the show are:
• Fishing techniques. Using methods that target the fish people want, and how to avoid catching juvenile fish.
• Handling and release methods. Appropriate handling to ensure maximum survival rates of fish returned to the water.
• Maximum utilisation. Ensuring fishers make the most of the fish they choose to keep and how share unwanted parts with others.
• Impact minimisation. Respecting all marine life. Reducing our environmental impacts and enjoying respectful interactions with birds and cetaceans (whales).
• Safety. Maximising personal safety while on the water. www.fishcare.org.nz
14 September 2018