Sea to Sizzle columnist Bea Bagnall shares a recipe for trevally with chilli lime sauce...
• 4-6 trevally fillets (snapper works well in this recipe, too)
• 2 tbsp flour
• Salt and pepper
• 1 tsp of each oil and butter for frying Chilli sauce
• 1 tbsp oil
• 4 gloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1/2 fresh red chilli or 1/4–1/2 tsp dried chilli
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• Zest of one lime
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 tbsp coconut cream
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the garlic and chilli for 30 seconds (don’t burn the garlic). Add the sugar, lime zest, juice and water. Bring to the boil for a minute and add coconut cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Now season the fish with salt and pepper and coat in flour.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a medium saucepan. When hot, pan-fry the fish until cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets.
4. Serve the fish on top of roast veggies and drizzle with chilli-lime sauce.
This article is reproduced with permission of