• 2 cans of smoked salmon – drained (smoked kingfish would work well too)
• 4 rashers of bacon, chopped
• ½ red onion, finely chopped
• 80g cream cheese
• ½ cup cream
• ½ cup sour cream
• ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
• ½ cup grated tasty cheese
• 1 spring onion, finely chopped
• Pinch of paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cobb loaf
1. Preheat your oven to 190°. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Carefully cut the top off the cobb loaf, remove the bread from the inside and set aside.
3. Heat a dash of oil in a medium frying pan and sauté the onion until it goes slightly opaque then add the chopped bacon and cook until the bacon is slightly crispy.
4. Turn the frying pan to low heat and add the cream cheese, sour cream, cream and cheeses along with the paprika and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Add the smoked salmon and spring onion and mix thoroughly to combine. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
6. Transfer the smoked salmon mixture into the hollowed cobb loaf. Place the lid on top. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
7. After 35 minutes, remove the tin foil and add the bread pieces to the tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bread pieces are golden.
Serve with bread pieces, carrot and celery sticks.
This article is reproduced with permission of