Makes approx. 12 balls
• 1 can of smoked salmon, drained
• 1 medium potato, cooked and mashed
• 1 spring onion, finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
• 2 tsp mayonnaise
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ¼ cup flour
• 1 egg lightly beaten
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
• Oil for frying, canola or rice bran
1. If you’re using a deep fryer, turn this on now. If you are shallow frying your salmon balls, pour the oil into the frying pan now, but do not turn your pan on until you have all your salmon balls prepped.
2. Place the flour, beaten egg and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
3. Mix together the first seven ingredients.
4. Roll the salmon mixture into balls (roughly golf ball size). Roll in the flour, dip in the egg then roll in the bread crumbs. Repeat this process until all the salmon mixture is used.
5. If you are shallow frying, heat your oil now. To test your oil to see if it’s hot enough, place a small piece of bread in the oil. It should take approx. one minute to brown. If the oil boils vigorously, it’s too hot and you should wait for it to cool down or you will burn your salmon balls.
6. Deep fry or shallow fry your salmon balls until they are lightly browned.
7. Serve with dipping sauce. ENJOY!
This article is reproduced with permission of