• 500g smoked kingfish, shredded- smoked trevally, or snapper will go nicely, too
• 4 hard-boiled eggs cut into quarters
• 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn
• ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
• 1 day old French stick – fresh is ?ne too or any bread you like will work
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled end exposed
• Olive oil to brush over the sliced bread
• 1 cup light mayonnaise
• 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tsp capers pinch of salt
1. Place the oven on grill.
2. Place all the Caesar dressing ingredients into a food processor or bowl and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Slice the bread thickly and place on an oven tray. Grill until just starting to brown. Remove from the oven turn the slices over, brush with olive oil and return to the oven. Keep a close eye on the bread as this side browns quickly (approx. 1-2 minutes). Remove from the oven and when cool enough to handle, rub the exposed end of the garlic cloves over the toasted bread slices. Set aside.
4. In a bowl mix the lettuce with with 1 tbsp of the Caesar dressing.
5. Arrange the lettuce on a plate, top with the smoked kingfish, egg quarters, drizzle with Caesar dressing, and garnish with shaved parmesan and garlic toasts.
This article is reproduced with permission of