• ¼ cup flour
• 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
• ½ tsp salt
• Pinch ground chilli
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 2 eggs
• ¾ cup corn kernels
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• 400g smoked fish, torn into rough pieces
• Butter and oil for frying 1 cup milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice added – let sit for 5-10 minutes (The lemon juice will make the milk slightly curdle to make buttermilk)
• Guacamole and sour cream to serve
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, chives, salt, chilli and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl combine the eggs and buttermilk, mix well. Add the corn and smoked fish, gently stir through. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir gently until ingredients just combines. Don’t over mix.
3. Heat oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat. Add ¼ cup mounds of batter into the frying pan. Cook for approximately four minutes each side or until cooked through.
4. Transfer the cooked fritters to a warm oven and continue to cook fritters until all the batter is used up.
5. Serve the fritters with a fresh salad and guacamole. ENJOY!
This article is reproduced with permission of