Bea Bagnall shares a recipe for kingfish steaks with a peanut sauce...
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 red pepper, finely diced
• pinch of cayenne pepper
• juice of 1 lemon
• juice of 1 orange
• 3 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
• 1/2 an avocado, diced
• 4 kingfish fillets
• 1 tsp each of olive oil and butter
• salt and pepper
1. Make the peanut and avocado sauce. Heat oil in a medium pot, then add the ground coriander and cook until fragrant. Add the ginger, garlic, red pepper and cayenne pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over a low heat. Add the juices, water and peanut butter. Stir to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside. Just before serving, add the diced avocado to the sauce and heat till warmed through.
2. Heat the oil and butter in frying pan over medium heat. When hot, cook your kingfish for approx. 1-2 minutes each side or until fish is cooked through.
3. Serve the fish on top of rice with a dollop of the peanut and avocado sauce.
This article is reproduced with permission of