• ½ Tbsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 600g or four pieces of bluenose, cut into approx. 5cm size pieces – snapper and kingfish all work well in this recipe too
• Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Mix together all the dry seasoning ingredients.
3. Line a tray with baking paper. Clean and pat dry the fish fillets and place on the baking paper.
4. Brush the fish fillets with the melted butter and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the seasoning mixture on the fish.
5. Bake the fish for eight minutes or until the fish is opaque and cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets.
6. Serve on a bed of wilted spinach with a side of rice, and enjoy!
Note: the seasoning mixture can be stored in an air-tight container for up to a month.
This article is reproduced with permission of