Crumbed lemon pepper squid rings
This is hands down one of our favourite ways to eat squid. Quick and simple to make, and best of all, it tastes fantastic (even for picky eaters).
- Cleaned squid tubes
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Oil (for frying)
- Cut the squid tube into rings about 5 – 10mm wide and dry with a paper towel.
- Beat eggs with fork until blended in a bowl and prepare a separate bowl of flour and another for breadcrumbs mixed with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Dip and coat the squid rings in flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry in oil until golden and put on paper towels.
- Mix together sweet chill sauce and aioli to use as dipping sauce.
This article is reproduced with permission of
New Zealand Fishing News
December 2018 - Jun Park, Rudee Lim and Ben Tupaea
Re-publishing elsewhere is prohibited