Recipe courtesy of Kezza
1) Catch this
2) Butcher in to "rack" sized portions
3) Cure for 24hours with a dry rub of Bradely Maple Cure
4) Rinse off chunks + pat dry with paper towels
5) put racks in to a 50degree Bradley for 1 hour (no smoke)
6) remove trays and pat dry with paper towels again
7) Squeeze liberal amounts of maple syrup on to chunks and rub in to flesh so evenly coated
8) put racks back in to Bradley and increase temp to 90 with maple bisquettes for 2 hours (shuffle racks around a couple of times)
9) remove trays and apply another coating of maple syrup
10) put racks back in to Bradley and increase temp to 100 with maple bisquettes for 1 hours (shuffle racks around a couple of times) - this stage give the glaze time/heat to caramelize and go that lovely golden brown shade of yummy!
Head, wings, backbones and fillets all doing their thang
11) drop temp to 50 and continue to smoke for 1 hour
12) call Billfish to come and pick up his maple smoked snapper......