FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wairarapa Wanderings

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gulfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 12:25pm
Gulfisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

24th November and the Rua is at February  levels @ 3.44 cumecs today.... wow  and still next to no fish in the mid sections 
The only excuse for not having a go is.... Sir I'm dead Sir !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 6:25pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There were heaps, and I mean heaps in the lower section the other week
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:35pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a mate fish the mid reaches last week and did extremely well, many on dries and pretty decent in size! Funny old river she is.

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:26pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fished my favourite King Country stream and it's been hit hard by winter floods and I'm finding it really hard going in 3 visits.
Lots of trees down across stream and many old lies have been filled with gravel and too shallow. Spots that always had fish are empty?
Looked under lots of stones and found way less nymphs than usual but I'm sure it will come back but right now it's regenerating.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gulfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 9:24am
Gulfisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah it is isn't it, I think the multiple floods early in the year  have really changed the river a lot, and funnily enough after a few very (fish) light sessions, the last was like the old days again.... go figure.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gulfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:47am
Gulfisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well go figure, upper half of the Rua is really low, Wardells Bridge is @ 2.9 Cumecs which is really low, but anywhere south of the Waiohine junction is going well, and down around Martinborough I here is outstanding. Really worth a float fish I would guess if you can. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:43pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Page  <1 345