Voyager Trailers - Read the fine print

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Yababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voyager Trailers - Read the fine print
    Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:54pm
Yababy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just a word of warning - Read the fine print

“6 Month Limited Warranty” Coverage Replacement/repair of Wheel Bearings, Lights and Wiring

When the lights on your voyager trailer fail after 12 month as mine have, you will need to cover the cost of replacement.......

Thanks to Roger boat shop for coming the party on cost.

Vouager trailers, 6 month on lights is not acceptable, if you are going to issue 3 year WOF, you need to use quality parts, make me wonder what other parts wont go the distance ?

I guess only time will tell.

Rant over, time to go feed the fish. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:20pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

price of the trailer I would of tried the consumer guarantee act,it can over rule any warranty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yababy, I am with PJC on this, use the Consumer Guarantees Act.
The trailer has to be fit for purpose, and as it is a new trailer subject to a 12 month WOF then the parts of the trailer should last the length of the first warrant of fitness.
I think Rogers Boat Shop will be well aware of the legal niceties of the Consumer Guarantees Act. Good on them for coming to the party.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

we had a painful and difficult experience with Voyager a few years back - on a new trailer - which wasnt built or setup correctly as part of a package b/m/t - 

like you, the dealer went to bat for us and got it sorted after a bit of backwards and forwards with the manufacturer.
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:00pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've  got a voyage trailer and the lights they use are really cheap Chinese rubbish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:15pm
clank View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I don't think Rogers Boat shop know anything about consumers acts!

I bought a new boat from them once, I had such a bad experience I wouldn't entertain going to any boat dealer again and have only purchased direct from boat manufacturers since.

The prop / motor set up was terrible. They didn't have time to take it for a run when I took possession and then after the engine manufacturer and other Yamaha dealers advised the set up was wrong Rogers still didn't want to come out to try it. I paid to sort it out myself because I felt bullied by Nigel and his team. I've since learnt a lot more about boats and boating and would love to go back and tell him what an arrogant twit I found him to be.

The first service was a pathetic experience as well so I took it to Ovlov after that.

I run a business myself and would never treat treat my customers like a piece of dirt under Nigel Arkell's shoe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 7:10am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

I've  got a voyage trailer and the lights they use are really cheap Chinese rubbish.
My roadking LED lights failed after 3 years though a good brand apparently - LED lights are not all created equal - sounds like Hella are the go from posts on this website though more expensive.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 9:13pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

ive got hella's on the trailer that I built. yep, they were dear to buy, but there still going after ten years and I have never had to touch them.

Its strange that you guys have so much trouble with your trailers. I think that there is definitely an opening for a trailer service / builder / rebuilder / rewire person.

I am surprised how much trouble some people have with the big trailer builders. Seems like there isn't a lot of love there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 7:14am
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mate of mine works at Hella and has described their quality control approach. 

After listening to him, even if I can't get a discount, my next set of boat trailer lights will be Hella! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phelpsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 10:28pm
phelpsey View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Don’t get me started on voyager!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 2:38pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A mate of mine who shall remain nameless has had some trouble with them too. He ordered a new set of hubs off them. They sent the wrong ones after being given the correct measurements. They refused to take the hubs back again and said that it was his fault!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:28pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is possible to get a good boat trailer . My second to last boat was on a home built trailer. I bought the rig second hand from the guy who built the trailer. By the time i sold it it was 19 years old. Never an issue except for a couple of  sets of wheel bearings. That trailer did all it was meant to do,including easy launch. Nice open ended ,easy to get to box sections for flushing.After 19 years only a tiny bit of surface rust at the end below the motor that contacts the water at times.
How many big brands would match that. Hopefully some would.

Boat dealers. Around 5 years ago i tried to buy a boat.I tried really hard. Checked out the boat after much research on the net.
Wife and i went out there a couple of times,and yes it was all go.
Both really liked that boat. I really wanted  that boat. Purchase was dependent on a sea trial.
Well that never happened,despite trying. And the complimentary tickets for the boat show he was putting in the mail never arrived either. Just dont think he wanted to sell a boat.
Went to the show. He was there surrounded by boats  ,yet i just could not face going over there and saying" how goes it". Something inside said its not meant to be , let it go.
So again  after further research bought a different brand direct from the maker. Great boat,great service and amazingly they actually wanted to make and sell me a boat.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 5:28pm
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by cirrus cirrus wrote:

It is possible to get a good boat trailer . My second to last boat was on a home built trailer. I bought the rig second hand from the guy who built the trailer. By the time i sold it it was 19 years old. Never an issue except for a couple of  sets of wheel bearings. That trailer did all it was meant to do,including easy launch. Nice open ended ,easy to get to box sections for flushing.After 19 years only a tiny bit of surface rust at the end below the motor that contacts the water at times.
How many big brands would match that. Hopefully some would.

Boat dealers. Around 5 years ago i tried to buy a boat.I tried really hard. Checked out the boat after much research on the net.
Wife and i went out there a couple of times,and yes it was all go.
Both really liked that boat. I really wanted  that boat. Purchase was dependent on a sea trial.
Well that never happened,despite trying. And the complimentary tickets for the boat show he was putting in the mail never arrived either. Just dont think he wanted to sell a boat.
Went to the show. He was there surrounded by boats  ,yet i just could not face going over there and saying" how goes it". Something inside said its not meant to be , let it go.
So again  after further research bought a different brand direct from the maker. Great boat,great service and amazingly they actually wanted to make and sell me a boat.

I had the same issues. It was more difficult to not buy a boat than actually buy one from certain dealers. Unless I paid asking price it I was a time waster and we were talking $150k. I did get offered life jackets and a flare pack so I guess thats negotiation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:20pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

if I knew how to post pictures on here I would show you guys the trailer that I have under my boat. not one to blow my own trumpet but its been a bloody good trailer. led lites, stainless over rider brakes, plastic guards.

does anyone have an e mail address I can send the pictures too and post it up here?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bentbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 8:10am
bentbutt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've spoken with voyager face to face before, being up from Wellington. about concerns and didn't like the attitude or the answers I received from them. I won't go on because it is too easy to jump on a computer and trash somebody but !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 9:20am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My old man's trailer would be knocking on 25 years old, it's a home-built with about 5mm of galv over the entire thing and it's still going strong as. I recently broke a weld on one of the mudguards but other than that and a few sets of wheel bearings it hasn't needed a thing.

I guess they don't make 'em like they used to?