FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viper Pro Series 1000 Drum Anchor Winch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viper Pro Series 1000 Drum Anchor Winch
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 8:13pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

https://www.smartmarine.co.nz/products/anchoring-mooring/anchor-winches/67737/pro-series-1000-drum-anchor-winch-boats-to-5-8m/details/

Anyone got one ? anygood ?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gibbo55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 9:29pm
Gibbo55 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Check out the video on page 3 in this forum.Titled drum winches,i just bought a lonestarThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 1:44am
Dream View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What gibbo said, bought a Lonestar after watching that haha...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 7:46am
Gappy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If you dig deeper the Video was made for Lonestar there is civil action going on against them as it was portrayed as been independent and that the suppliers each supplied the product when the products were infact supplied by Lonestar and the test was made up by them. 

I would do more reading than purchasing on a video which looks to be pretty set up to me.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:29am
letsgetem View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I had a 500W drum winch, and had difficulty bringing the anchor over the bow roller. Basically, it went so fast that the anchor shaft came flying around and could fly off. The max speed of the winch was 25 m/min.
I wouldn't get a winch that is faster than that. I understand the Viper 1000w is significantly faster.

However - I too would like to hear anyones actual experience with the Viper 1000W - particularly how deal with the anchor coming over.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:19pm
Platinum
Platinum

that video was paid for by lone star would take much from it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:20pm
Platinum
Platinum

25m/min more like it 25m/sec don't think so mate

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ho Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:30pm
Ho Dee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I fitted one to my 7mtr boat about three months ago,have tried it it out on the lake a couple of times and at coromandel two times in 25-30 mtrs. Went out raglan on sunday and shifted spots four times trying to get away from the sharks,45-62 mtrs 1.5 metre plus swell,worked great,seamed a little bit slower in all conditions than i was thinking it was gowing to be most likely just perception,i will time it one day no problems with it coming over the bow or anything. Havent had a fully auto set up before so is taking a bit of getting used to but the crew dont mind shifting spots at all now. Appears to be everthing it claims to be only time will tell with its longevity.