FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Take a kid fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (5) Likes(5)   Quote MightyBoosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Take a kid fishing!
    Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:59pm
MightyBoosh View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I took pity on a mate's boy over the holidays. He's got the fishing bug, but his dad isn't really a fisherman, so I offered to take him out on the ski. After making the promise, I wondered what the hell I had done, but it worked out well. He was a good lad. 

He decided he was going to catch his bag limit of snapper which he did! I was just the driver and occasional coach.

It was a positive experience for me and I look forward to the day when my boy is old enough to do the same thing.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 8:08pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one MB cool thing to do..
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 8:10pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done MB,
QMS is not WORKING
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:19pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That was epic! Good on ya mate! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:23pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

My favourite fishing experiences now are taking my son out to catch something he has been dreaming about. This week it was his first 50cm+ Snapper. Next goal is a legal Kingfish. After that a Puka, and then a marlin I think. You get to relive all that excitement you had forgotten again through the kids and it makes for an awesome fishing trip.
www.dreamboats.com        Bareboat Charters - Fishing Charters - Corporate and Party Cruises
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 10:35pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Your son is very fortunate to have a Dad like you, well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MightyBoosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:06am
MightyBoosh View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Your son is very fortunate to have a Dad like you, well done.

Cheers mate, I think his mum might disagree though Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 12:49pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great job (Both on the vid and the coaching) !
Liked. Thumbs Up
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>