FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motuihe Channel (Charter)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (6) Likes(6)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motuihe Channel (Charter)
    Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:34pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shouted my daughter Jordan a charter for her birthday. Arrived half hour early for our 7am departure. There was another person waiting who had been on the boat before. Asked him the protocol with regards to boarding. He said it should be first here first on. However it always tends to be a free for all. Boat turns up, people waiting in an orderly line, the guy who we were talking to and second in line bolted for the boat before it had stopped moving. Almost ended up karked out on the deck. Interesting start. Jordan pointed out it was he that had been bad mouthing others boarding behaviour. Karma I guess. All aboard except for two. Ten past seven and the stanbdby guy was allowed on as the others had not shown. We set off. Nearly out into the open and the skipper does a u-turn. The two that were late called and said they were there. Headed back in, the jetty hove into view. No people waiting. Skipper tied up and proceeded to call them. Approximately twenty minutes later they arrived. Off we went again. Almost an hour late. Headed straight to the red bouy at Motuihe. Anchored up. The tide was already running. Fish were coming on regularly. Although not many keepers. Then Jordan hooked into her second ever legal fish. Just over 300mm. Then she was on again. Another legal fish. Then again and this time it was a good size. Next she landed a couple of good Trevally followed by yet another three legal Snapper. She followed this up with another two good Trevally. Her smile and excitement was absolutely magic to watch. For this reason I bit my tongue and avoided the skipper. After all, the trip was all about Jordan. What about me you ask? Zip, Zero, nada, nil, nothing. I caught a lot of fish, just no keepers. I think that is Jordans best memory. Thrashing her old man ten nil. Six Snapper, four Trevally. She even handed me a tissue on the way home. Picture attached of Jordans bounty. Very proud of her effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:00pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good work!  Means a lot to kids as well.  Shame about the messy start though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 3:39am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A trip Jordan will never forget. Thumbs Upand thats whats it all about,the next generation and who knows when she becomes a Mum and takes her children out they will out fish Granddad too.Smile
QMS is not WORKING
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 7:46am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great read V8! The start to the day a bit of a laugh, But great results and memories in the end for JordanBig smile.....Liked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 12:50pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A lot of BS for 2 guys!!   Least it went great for Jordan, well done there.

Beer