FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingfish at Last

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote CoastalStan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingfish at Last
    Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 7:23pm
CoastalStan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Weather was looking OK and I wanted to check out some Tarakihi spots. My wife was keen for a fish so a 8am launch and a list of GPS marks to visit and we were off. Cruised past Tony Orton who was still trying to get livies at 8.30 which usually means the fish have got their mouths shut and the Southerly wind may have had something to do with that.
After an hour or 2 and no luck we decided to have a look in at Langs and then head towards home. Plenty of really nice small Kahawai in at Langs and managed to snag one for the live bait tank. Not much happening so next stop was McGregors and the sounder finally looked good.
After a few barely legal snapper and some random reef fish my wife finally had something decent on. She was still fishing with her Torium 14/ Backbone elite rod using 10kg mono and a Black Magic Tarakihi flasher rig with parts of my ex live bait Kahawai so I thought it may be a shark. She has had a few Kingfish on over the years but every legal one has either busted her off or she has been sharked. She was starting to think she was jinxed but now she can tick this one off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 8:19pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well doneThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 8:23pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Congrats!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 8:25pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Noice one CS
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paihia panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 8:37pm
paihia panther View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

dead out their yesterday water still at 17
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 9:25am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice...
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tortise01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 12:14pm
Tortise01 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well done wife.
Great fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CoastalStan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
CoastalStan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Keep an eye out for the Black Magic December Hall of Fame, thought I'd enter her photo in the hope she may get a free hat. They came back to me and she is the NZ December Winner. Free stuff from a forum sponsor!