FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There's gold in them there hills boy!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There's gold in them there hills boy!!
    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have always been a proponent of effort that reeks reward.
And when it comes to Gamefishing I have put some miles with and without smiles over the years.

On reflection finding my fish in this country I feel has been blind luck with countless hours off and on the water effort and relying on a broad base of fishing experience coupled with an intense desire to acquire my own goals.

And because these visiting pelagics are spread over such a big space for such a short window anything to improve the odds of success I have continually embraced.

And one such tool I have welcomed is the value of SSTs.
Yes I'm a fan and yes I have banged on before.
But there is a reason for my madness, just hang on.

Although I have for sometime recognised there value the actual refined use of such a powerful tool has escaped me.
For me I liken it to a treasure map.
I got it for free, however the map was incomplete. It showed me that the treasure was there all I had to do was fill in the space from start to x marks the spot. Someone had the pieces in between.

Now I know I can be a muppet in my own world of enthusiasm to understand tools of tech, which like many can lead one down the wrong paths to spot x.
BUT IVE FINALLY FOUND THE MISSING PIECES.

They are in next weeks installment of ......

No they are in Mangre's first set of tutorials for his SSTs.

They are however locked. And the key is a cost. You have to be a subscriber to his tools.
To be honest. If your prepared to spend the money you already have on the boat, the gear the gas and the brownie points you may just think that this is not a bridge to far.

I wish these keys or map coordinates were there when I first started using this map.

So the gold is in them there hills, you just have to trade more trinkets for the missing puzzle pieces.
Just cruising in a pimped old Surtees! Or my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:21pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Mattoo, I believe you.
But how far do the maps extend? Is it Jaffa land and North, or below East cape?
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:37pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh Alan,

I think the term is, you'd cream yourself.
They do the upper north island both coasts.
And down to a place called gisborne I believe.
Kidding, down below waihau to east cape at least.
The overall cloud free sst shows from Palmerston I believe both coasts up to the Kings.
Just cruising in a pimped old Surtees! Or my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:23pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I agree with your synopsis. We spend endless hrs and $s preparing, scheming, planning and boat time. Anything that shortens the odds is worth it.
How do you sign up?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:32pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:37pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

lol  good one...

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:00pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mangre loled,

Store that one.

Alan did you check the prices of the SSTs and formulas to use that tool.

Interested to know what you thought.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes, checked site out - don't know about the tools.
Crap weather right now - 30 knt southerly, rain. So nothing doing right now. Figured if it was to be any use to me, prob from later this month onward. Was going to log on then.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member