Samoan Fishing Tournamnet

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samoan Fishing Tournamnet
    Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 2:19pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone from the Fishing Net Family Fishing this event? Ill will be there at registration at 2pm Tomorrow. Make yourself known and Ill look for ya.
Looks like the makings of a good event.  

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:41am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We have 14 boats from New Zealand entered. 9 Gisborne white pointer hard tops included. I've heard the bait fish are inclose so expect some big catches by some of the small boats.

We even have an Aussie in a kayak entered. He reckons paddling with a sail up he can get 8 knots which could get him amongst it. He has the bonus of no motor sound. It will be interesting. He's recording a DVD of his adventures.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:04pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Angus(Gamekeeper) has fished it for last 3-4 years at least, i fished with him 2years ago. Great water but a bit hot that year, 33degree C.
Think he is off there again, he has a WP 7.5 cruiser. Nice boat
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:24pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes seen the boat and I think he is on thescore  board- Ill check with what he has caught. Yes hot as usual. While Im working my little lady is dragging plastic out wide as its the womans day.... Now to see if I can send photos of the last two days. Kaveman you will like what they have done to the club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:47pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

Yes seen the boat and I think he is on thescore  board- Ill check with what he has caught. Yes hot as usual. While Im working my little lady is dragging plastic out wide as its the womans day.... Now to see if I can send photos of the last two days. Kaveman you will like what they have done to the club

you mean the club opposite the marina? (on the side of the restaurant?) it was pretty basic but suited Samoa, pretty laid back placeLOL
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 9:12am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's the one. They have just completed a bit of a do up. Added a concrete wharf so boats go right to the club tie up and scales reach over the boat and lifts fish straight out. Beers still cold too!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 12:12pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For those interested. here are some photos of the comp at this link below