Rigged Kayak photo's

Page  123 33>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rigged Kayak photo's
    Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 10:06pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ask and yee shall receive! post away peopleWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 10:30pm
Waka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Luv ya work Boulder .. Photos to follow Cheers, Waka

Waka
Prowler 13
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 10:35pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice stuff roll on the Yak rig's Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 11:24pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Boulder and heres the first since I asked for it!
Cheers Yak Fisher

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Squeak_Metal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 5:12pm
Squeak_Metal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wow how much did that cost ya...?
not that you'll give away trade secrets...

http://hunt-fish.jnawk.net.nz/index.php
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 5:17pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

As the missus knows just a few hundred or soWink
Cheers
Yak fisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sooshee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 7:35pm
sooshee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Instead of starting up a similar thread, can we perhaps merge with this one? http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp%5Fforums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12615

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DUTCHIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 10:05pm
DUTCHIE View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yak fisher, what model is that ? very ingenius idea with the camel back ! have you found any problems with this yet?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 11:02pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Dutchie
Model? Yak=Scrambler XT, Seat=High back classic, Camelbak (hydration pack) is the original had it for years now, having used it for mountain biking etc.

The only problems I encountered with the hydration system, which I have now resolved were:-

I fitted the hose through the seats top strap which restricted the reach, but now I can drink and paddle, move my neck at the same time!

The mouthpiece (bite piece) tends to leak a little so would suggest a cover bung which you can now buy or make one from a bit of rubber capping.
It all works well for my needs, you can even have a slurp whilst prepping up and derigging the Yak, just bite the tit and instant flow!!!!!

I have seen another hydration set up which I thought was neat, but not for my set up. Stephen Tapp has his hydration pack clipped on to the front hatch cover on his Prowler Elite, with an extension tube back to the small hatch midships. He just reaches down between his legs and grabs it (pardon the expression if you will). Looks to work OK in a long Yak. So where ever you want to place your hydration system seems that you can do so with extra tubing (from a pet shop?) but have some gravity with it.
Hope this makes sense
Cheers
Yak Fisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2006 at 7:57am
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK, here's my beast.

First shot shows the back end with livebait tank (Aerated) plus Anchor stowed on reel and sea anchor.
Generally I leave the tank off unless I need guaranteed livies on a trip. The tank has drain holes at about 10l mark which helps keep the CofG down.

This one is the work area with Lowrance X29 and Garmin 12XL GPS. The gaff is clipped into some electrical conduit clips

This is a detail of the powercable for the FF coming through the hull. Small electrical waterproof gland.

And the transducer mount. Mounted above bottom edge of hull for a bit of protection. Drilled and sleeved with a heated section of aluminium arrow shaft. I was going to epoxy the ends, but after a year, there has been no water ingress, so I am happy with it as is.

The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2006 at 9:21pm
Waka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice Yak Hairy,

Tranny set up makes perfect sense but I have not seen another Yak with the mounting done this way. What were your reasons for this over a through hull assembly?

Waka
Waka
Prowler 13
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2006 at 9:44pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Waka, Both wondaboy and I have our transducers mounted externaly. I found it was just too much trouble trying to keep the transducer stuck with the wide Fish n dive. (too much flex) I'll take some pic's this weekend and post them
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2006 at 10:08pm
Waka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers Naki Man. I am going to have a look at making a bracket for the underside of my rudder where it connects to the Yak.

No sounder yet but I'm getting more keen as the days get longer.

Waka
Waka
Prowler 13
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2006 at 10:08pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you guys a bloody ingenious with what you have done with your yaks well done love it, have 2 of them but cramp up everytime i hop on 1 still the wife and boy love them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 12:11pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hard for me to tell but I guess that transducer is on the stern aye?

sorry if its a dumb question.......the rig looks great

only thing for me is that by the time you've rigged your yak out the $$$$ are starting to get up there.....and I start thinkin i should get something bigger

...but keep looking at the Yaks with envy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hairy Little Dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2006 at 3:17pm
Hairy Little Dwarf View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep, that way you can see the fish when you've gone past them, and when you turn around, they've buggered off or are lying flat against the seafloorWink

You don't need anything else other than a yak, paddle, PFD and a rod.

The rest are totally optional (the photos I posted are of the Yak fully pimped, I normally travel a lot lighter as it leaves more room for the fish!)

Catch one fish from a yak, you'll never look back.

(and no WOF or rego needed for the trailer, no constantly replacing wheel bearings or waiting for idiots at the ramp.  No lugging tanks of expensive fuel around or worrying about getting too close to that reef.  No wife or kids complaining about being bored and can we go now. Just you and the fish. It just don't get better than that.)

...Or just ghosting through clean water in the mangroves after a week of no wind and pulling in 14lb Snaps in water you can stand up inBig smile

Convinced yet ClutchThumbs Up

HLD

The Dreaded Shark-Eating Man!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2006 at 4:42pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes....and I believe it will be the perception swing....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2006 at 9:28am
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

...or the prowler Confused

will have to do a detailed comparison and get a few informed opinions
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2006 at 6:31pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well Guys, here's the green barge minus fish.

It's not a prowler Elite Ferrari
It's a Mercedies (truck)

Sorry about the quality of the pics, I used powerpoint. Must get photoshop

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2006 at 10:56pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wow, what a great set up NM

Heaps of room in the back of those yaks i see

very stable looking craft the fish and Dives.....think i better keep thos ein my equation
Page  123 33>