Forum Name: Yak Yak Yak
Forum Description: The forum for Kayak enthusiasts
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28545
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:09pm

Topic: Electric Torpedo Kontiki
Posted By: Nuts
Subject: Electric Torpedo Kontiki
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 10:20pm
I am in the market to buy a complete electric kontiki fishing system, but am unsure which brand to buy. There would appear to be three main manufacturers: Seahorse, Kentiki and Powertiki. Anybody out there able to give some first hand advice?

Replies:
Posted By: nubee
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:13pm
Kinda the wrong forum for that sort of carry onLOL

-------------
Go fishing or visit the mother in law!! What does she look like again?

Posted By: Naki man
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:33pm
That's just straight out dirty talkLOL

-------------
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"

Posted By: Milkey
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 6:02am
I might have a seahorse,and it might be the bees knees.Might also have the electric winch which makes life easier.Ok,your guys suspicions are correct.I do have one and its great.
But my favourite piece of plastic is my P13 Embarrassed

-------------
Proud Prowler Roller, bowler and a$$holer since Feb' 2008.......not anymore, Profish 440 yeah boy!!!

Posted By: Chip'n
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 7:37am
Nuts,
         The talk on the beach is that there is a new one being developed now & is due for release at the Hamilton Boat show & it will out perform all the others on the market so if it is a new one you are after might be worth waiting, if it is good as I have heard there may be a lot of 2nd hand ones on the market as well after the show.

Posted By: Bluebox
Date Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:50pm
Hi all,

If anyone is interested I have made a homemade torpedo and designed the electronics to provide the timing and speed of the motor.
The design is based of the Mercury Thrust electric prop.

The unit has 2x 7 segment display to display time and motor speed settings.
Has terminals that caters for any switch setup whether normal switch or reid.

Timing is based on 5 - 40 minutes and increments of 5 minutes.
A very clever unit and price is cheaper that most timing units available plus designed for this purpose alone.

Relays will be required to drive the higher current outputs for the 3 speed options.

Contact me either by email mailto:bluebox@orcon.net.nz - [email protected]  or visit http://www.bluebox.co.nz - www.bluebox.co.nz

Posted By: nubee
Date Posted: 08 May 2008 at 11:30pm
STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT,Pinch

-------------
Go fishing or visit the mother in law!! What does she look like again?

Posted By: Badfish
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:29am
Im with you. Blasphemy

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:10pm
I thought it would be nice top share my knowledge and experience.
I have created what I beleive a clever system and willing to share mostly to cover parts etc. Unless anyone here understand "C" re programming a CPU. Then it can be free.

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:09pm
Sorry mate, just poking fun really.
No probs with you sharing you ideas at all, I just think most of us are fairly staunch kayak fisherman so I would imagine you'll get a lot more favourable intrest in the http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19 - Walk-About forum.
But welcome to the forum

Posted By: levinlarge
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:11pm
The walk about section does not condone the use of Contikis either!!!!

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:20pm
Bugga... well there ya go.
Buy a kayak, its the only way

Posted By: Rainbow
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:57pm
Live and let live, fellas.   However, considering how many Kintikis (at $1500 a pop) get lost it might indeed be cheaper to fish from a kayak.   Certainly more exiting,

Rainbow

Posted By: Bender
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:14pm
Nuts - ignore these phillistines - come over to the Briney Bar where hugs and group sex are commonplace. Welcome to the forums'

-------------
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Posted By: Naki man
Date Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

Nuts - ignore these phillistines - come over to the Briney Bar where hugs and group sex are commonplace. Welcome to the forums'

I'm buyin a boat - can i cum tooTongue

-------------
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"

Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:31pm
Nothing wrong with Kontikis - Kayaks is just another means to fish.
Some people want to built these and at the cost to purchase oooch $1500+

Posted By: Chip'n
Date Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:57pm
It's not very clever when your web site doesn't exist & you don't reply to e-mails. chip'n

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 9:00am
Website and emails back online... :) - there was an issue at the time all is good.

Print Page | Close Window