Print Page | Close Window

Whats ya RIG?

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: The Boat Shed
Forum Description: Discuss all things boating.
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20109
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 9:20am

Topic: Whats ya RIG?
Posted By: wetdream
Subject: Whats ya RIG?
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 4:21pm
Not sure if this has been done already but here we go.

I dont just love fishing I love BOATING & BOATS, all kinda boats. So I wanta hear from like minded boaties. I dont care if ya don't even own it, it might be a mates, or a charter boat ya been on even. I whata see pic's and hear what ya love about it and what ya hate ( they all got some faults)

I'll start to get the ball rolling.

Make: SF 650 Haines Hunter
Motor: Yami 200F
Top Speed: 51mph
Cruise: 34MPH @ 35lt per hr

Awsome smooth ride specially in the rough crap, that it's not a hard top,
I can fit in in my garage with the bimini folded down by about 20mm, and I like a little breeze on a hot day and not looking thru glass when I come home at night.
It fits my family of me mum and the two boys as well as the dog just fine.
It's not two big to get in close, but big enough to go out wide.

Dislike:
A ***** of a thing to fill with fuel (ya think they could get this right after all these years)
That it doe'snt have a plumbed in Live bait tank
That it's not around 40 ft longer

so there we go, come on people let here about yours.

-------------
Like us on: facebook/stanleysigns.com

Replies:
Posted By: tugboat
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2007 at 6:00pm
heres minemarco 7mtr 140hp merc

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2007 at 8:25am
NICE
love the action shot, hardley a Tugboat.
Smart idea the opening middle window ah.

-------------

Posted By: Imortal2
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 11:28am

5.6M Senator
115 4 stroke Yamaha
138nm for 103 litres.
love the hard top
super soft ride
12k of electronics 900m no worries.

Posted By: Rockyw
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2007 at 12:13pm
Kingfisher 760

200 HP Evinrude ETEC HO

Top speed 35Knots

Cruise @ 26 knots - 48 litres per hour

Likes; rides well in the rough, stable at rest, plenty of fishing room, excellent visibility from driving position.

Dislikes: too much windage, eats too much fuel.

Posted By: aussie fisho
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 12:02am
savage 650 escape/225 honda
26knots@3000rpm@25l per hour
wot 45knots @5700rpm and 50-60l per hour(approx)
rides real good especially head sea(eats it up)
bimini so i can take the clears down at night and navigate through the cray pots here in perth without glare..

Posted By: aussie fisho
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 12:06am
thats her 

Posted By: Finatic
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 8:55am
Si�s Limit

Make: 2004 Marco 480 Blazer
Motor: 2004 Yamaha F60
Top Speed: 46mph+ (75kmh)

LOA: 4.8m
Beam: 1.9m
Deadrise: 15%
Hull weight: 290kg
Hull: 4mm
Sides and deck: 3mm

Features: 90L underfloor tank
Furuno sounder
Navman gps/chartplotter
7 x rodholders
Livebait tank
Treadplate deck
Underseat storage

Likes: Very economical, lots of storage space, plenty of fishing room for a small boat, easy to tow, easy to launch, good handling.

Dislikes: A little tail heavy.

-------------
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Rockyw Rockyw wrote:

Kingfisher 760

200 HP Evinrude ETEC HO

Top speed 35Knots

Cruise @ 26 knots - 48 litres per hour

All the info I have read and seen on the free cd said these ETEC were cheap as chips to run thats V8 inboard kind fuel economy is'nt it?

how much does she weigh?

-------------

Posted By: Rockyw
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 9:52am
Weighs 3 tons on the trailer. Kingfishers are very heavily built compared to some other alloy boats. Even so, I still expected better fuel economy than I get from the ETEC. PS not sure why my photo didn't come out as sharp as tyhe other photos posted here?

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

Si�s Limit 

Dislikes: A little tail heavy.

Try stickin ya catch up the other end this should sort it out.
Nice tidy rig, gota love that yami 4s ah.

-------------

Posted By: fluffy1
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 2:05pm
Make: Tristram 691
Engine: 250 suzuki Four stroke.

Likes:good heavy boat in the rough.Great engine compared to the old 2 stroke.Good storage.

Dislikes: Very hard too keep clean.Not really a hard core fishing boat.Can be a little bow heavy in a big following sea.Have buried the nose a few times. Guess I just have to slow down Cheers.

Posted By: Naki
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 3:03pm
Fluffy1

A mate has a Prima 581. Nice looking boat and goes nice, but like you say a pain to keep clean.

His son is a boat builder who served his time at Tristram as a boat builder and still works there. So he keeps his fathers boat in showroom condidtion.

Cheers.

-------------
President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!

Posted By: fluffy1
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2007 at 4:26pm

Thanks for that naki. Yeah they are a good looking boat,and its suits us for what we need.Already caught a marlin in it so no worries about offshore fishing ect. Advantages and disvantages with all boats I reckon!

Posted By: Redfinger
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2007 at 2:21pm
Fyran 440 Etec 40hp (2006)

Likes - Quiet , economical (this am Browns Bay to Lighthouse, Motuihie channel, Rakino , Motutap, Wbeds, Torbay - Browns Bay - 14 litres used), starts instantly all the time. As quick as 50hp yamaha I had b4.

DISLIKES - heavy for size - upset trailor balance. Annoying routine to go thru if you run out of gas (ie if petrol lead pops out, mtr starves - have to disable kill swith- turn key to fire injectors)

Posted By: Blue Asparagus
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2007 at 4:40pm
Mine is a 38ft Carl Augustin,

220hp Ford Giving 18kt cruises at 10/12 at about 10lts an hour.
sleeps 6
has it all fully game rigged and we do well fishing from her from snapper to marlin my passion is marlin fishing and attempting to follow in the family foot steps.

Likes, well i like it all infact love it, she is my bach on the water,

dislikes well i have ironed them out i would like to redesign my transum and put in a self draining cockpit, we will do it this year i hope i have designed a lot for the boat mainly in the fishing areas, like heavy duty rod holders i had made, bigger fuel tanks and the flybridge area just to make life easier for me.

when we got her she looked like this.Wink
doing 6mths work we got her like this.
trip out with my boy and boulder prior to season start.

westpark prior to taking her north for the season.

-------------
Ultimate GAME Fishing Adventures. Northland

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2007 at 8:32pm
Real nice BlueA my old man had a 32f Carl Augustin a few years back at Westpark called Sun Arrow she was a beautiful boat as well. She had twin Volvos and he changed to two isuzu's just could'nt get her to plain right.
Great layout for a boat of it's size ah.

-------------

Posted By: Mark Edwards
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2007 at 8:44pm

Here's our Aquaholic....Seaforce600..use it for inshore and offshore, deep v loves the head sea you get with the sou wester on the way back from the Aldies but it is a little on the rolly side at rest, good for diving from as well as the underfloor storage can hold at least 2 sets of dive gear and tanks, great thing about this boat is that its big enough to handle what we want but I can launch on my own and with Trish its a breeze, we fish up to 4 comfortably, and have confidence in the hull to take it well out, Evinrude DI 115 has started first pop approx 90% of starts, is very quiet and uses about 8ltrs an hour at trolling speed.....very easy boat all round and very rewarding.....

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by wetdream wetdream wrote:

Real nice BlueA my old man had a 32f Carl Augustin a few years back at Westpark called Sun Arrow she was a beautiful boat as well. She had twin Volvos and he changed to two isuzu's just could'nt get her to plain right.
Great layout for a boat of it's size ah.

yeah mate lots of room and i get to do the same as a 1/2 million dollar boat with half the worries i recon, yip some good buys out there just a matter of looking.

-------------

Posted By: Xkon
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 4:45pm
hey guys nice women err boats . from what i see on  this thread is big boats big engines and a  truck load of fuel to run them...ever thought to drop down in HP? say 200hp to 150hp etc. mabey you will get better fuel  ratio's and not spend lots of cash to fuel up.

2007 marco 570 angler 115hp 2 stroke  half a tote tank for a days running around the lake.

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Xkon Xkon wrote:

hey guys nice women err boats . from what i see on  this thread is big boats big engines and a  truck load of fuel to run them...ever thought to drop down in HP? say 200hp to 150hp etc. mabey you will get better fuel  ratio's and not spend lots of cash to fuel up.

2007 marco 570 angler 115hp 2 stroke  half a tote tank for a days running around the lake.

How bigs ya lake? 10ltr for a days running a 115 2stroke almost unbeliveable, I would of thought a 115 on a 5.7mt boat would be pretty maxed out would'nt it?

You can NEVER have enough HP the cost of fuel is the least of me worries mate have ya seen the cost of SP's at the moment. As for the better fuel economy I dought it would be much better just have to pull more revs with the smaller hp.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2007 at 6:01pm
lake taupo is the lake, pity i dident own it or i would ban jigging :)
anywho it's true that i use half a tote tank i head to the cliffs outa the tail race and just go up and down 4 times then troll around the mouths.
yer its pretty well maxed out, recomended hp they said any more hp aint worth it. can always add a higher tourqe prop for more grunt, just caint use em much when trolling is all.

Posted By: fush
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 1:15pm
Thats really good value for a two stroke 115hp engine.
If your getting a day = 8 hrs of motoring on 1/2 a tote tank, say 12 liters and your covering over 30nm to your destination and back. Man you must be  trimming and running the boat to its full potential, great skills XCON

Then as you say your getting a days running out of using only 1/2 a tank.
Lets look at that a bit more because these are great statistics - 6 hrs of trolling on taupo at 2 kts. Allow for a few fish to be caught and that you cover the same ground 2 or 3 times. I would allow that you have moved another 10nm from the white cliffs and probably travelled another 20nm to 30nm during the day. All up you would have travelled somewhere close to 60nm for the day

The boat must be really light are you only running it with 1 person on board.

Thats great stuff XCON

Posted By: Capt Asparagus
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 4:36pm
No, I think Xcon probably means he has used the big motor to run to his spots, then would likely troll  with a small motor, as it wouldbe hard to get a 115 2 stroke to troll at trout speeds all day without totally oiling up...2-3mph is pretty darn slow for a big 2 stroke.

This is my rig...
Challenger 680 hardtop, 7.2m o/a 225 4str yammy. 11" chartplotter, JRC ff-50 sounder with 1kw transducer, jrc radar, Simrad autopilot, bells, whistles, whole nine yards. Love it! :-)

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 4:53pm
CA - then Xcon wouldnt be running it all day. Just a few minutes to get out and back. If its only being used for a few minutes sounds like a fuel hog

Looks like the bigger the boat the bigger the engine is the way to go.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 9:36pm
Good point, I had missed that, thanks Herring.
Stu.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 10:51am
hi thanks for the comments, i can fill up the tote run it to the cliffs  launching from the marina in tokanau,  i'll best discribe what i do.
i lunch the boat ( curse swear curse swear at cold water on warm feet) tie it up park the monster ugly trailer. (curse and swear at stones on wet feet)  jump in boat lower motor put gear away in holders. put key in push and turn till it coughs, turn off key. turn on key and it starts with warm up leaver up. untie boat (curse and swear at weed in water)
slowly eg 5 knts to the drop off then power up and adjust the trim till it planes. to the cliff's stop engine drift. gear up put back in holders and start engine, now slowly troll as best as i can with main motor. go from one end of the cliffs to the next 3 times. bring up gear stow gear. half throttle to start then full power if flat cam, if not then half power with tim to plane troll over to the drop off and troll some more, 2 times up and down the 40 mtrs mark, then to the first mouth then the hook stop anchor up use wet line by then it's 11am so back to the tokanua tail race 1st boat ramp (curse and swear at slow boat's hooking up) hook boat up to  trailer  tie up and move off, park up get tote tank refill  and it's just below half. thats my average day on lake taupo. hope this clears things up. if in doubth come on out for a burn before the 1st june as thats when marco boats finish building the boat for me. and i wont have the other boat. yes it's heavy to haul but dam light to move on water i'll post a pic

and here is the engine

Posted By: Wide Load
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 12:07pm
Are you talking of the White Cliffs Xkon or the cliffs at Wahi/Pukawa?

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 12:58pm
Ah, well, that is clear then, I thought from the original posting it was a full day of trolling being done on a 115hp motor for only 12l gas.
As outlined above, then that is far more understandable, and I suspect my 225 would do a very similar sort of consumption for such little work.
Let's face it, it is not that far from Tokaanu to the Cliffs!
Cheers,
Stu.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 6:40pm
red rabbit thats the Wahi bay cliffs  nice deep water there. na CA i can never do a full day, unless it stays flat calm all day other wise from 5am till 9 or 10 am it's calm then it starts to pick up after that.
at the moment there is so much weed around it's hard to get the boat out, so i'm not takeing it out till after the 1st june. see how the 570 goes on the water and sort things out what i need and what i dont need.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2007 at 9:29pm
Hi Xkon - so what your now saying is that you dont get a full day running around the lake on half a tank.

If the small motor isnt giving you such reliable milage in the windy conditions why not get a bigger boat and bigger engine. This would sure beat having to be home by 10am. All the other guys who have posted their rig may be on to something - bigger is best

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 9:12am
Lets all get over the fuel thing ah.

And lets see some more boats

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 10:16am
"Bigger is best" � elephant bollocks!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 11:43am
i'm looking at a new  yammy 115hp 20" they say i have to pay xtra for remotes, now the question is do new yammys come with remotes or  do i have to pay xtra for them?

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 1:12pm
Who told you that Xkon?

Sounds a bit like buying a car and having to pay extra for the steering wheel, if you ask me.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 2:37pm

Xkon, all dependends on how much ya paying for the motor I spos.

I got a brand new 140fs Johnson(suzuki) for my last boat 3 years ago and the price included the motor the remotes and the install and they even gave me an awsome deal on the old 115 2s johnny as a trade in.

I know this was 3 years ago but has'nt the dollar got stronger since then?

NEW 140fs Johnson(suzuki) 20k (awsome motor)

1999 115 2s johnson with 390hr $7500. Trade in

All up cost to me was $12.5k this included gauges and install.

Ps. the place has now gone under but (wonder why)

I would shop around mate there are some pretty good deals if ya look.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 4:09pm
Remotes I think usually come with the motor, but props do not.... given the choice range for props I guess.
I take it you are getting a 115yam 4/ ?
Cheers, Stu.

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 6:59pm

thanks i'm going to sell the merc 115 2s 25" L/S

and get the 13.500 yammie 2006 i think it is.

i asked as a joke do the remoted come with it and he says naa ya have to pay 450 to get em butthe guages come with it thoe and prop as well.

and i'm thinking feffin hell mate ya spend that kinda dosh and the feffin remote dont go with it??? fark that i says to myself. so i'm gonna speak to the boss and see what he can do. hope they all dont do that. the fitting i can do my self as i have done heaps over the years. just seams strange is all.  caint say who it is  cause the boss gave me a good deal on a 2007 marco boat. never would have it, if it was not for him. so mabey i should just pay the xtra and be done with it.

Posted By: Obsession
Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 7:47pm
Name: Obsession
Make: Steadecraft 600 Seville
Motor: 175 Mercury Verado
Top Speed: 50mph+ (original setup saw 60mph but re-propped)
Fuel Consumption 7.5l/hr trolling, cruising 24ish, wot 85 l/hr

Livebait tank
Outriggers
Lowrance colour chartplotter/sounder
Epirb etc

Used for fishing and Wakeboarding (Removable 2.2m stainlesss Wakeboard pole)

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:00pm
Come on Obsession you must have a photo of ya boat ,
Maybe one with a marlin over the back.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2007 at 9:03pm

Xkon

I've just put a 115 4stk Yamy on my boat. The Remote and cables weren't included in the motor price. I think that is because there are a few options on remotes and cable lengths vary depending on the boat. The dealer should be able to give you an "all up" price to suit your boat, and should have mentioned this.

Posted By: tobez
Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:54am
iuts standard for the cables not to be included in the price but 450 is excessive

-------------
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:59am
i just spent 816 on new merc remote with 20 ft engine harnes for the old boat. that was till i saw the yammie hmmm very nice it looks to. yer 450 is cheap so they say but dam the things ya gotta do to get a motor up and running aye. sheese i may as well get married get devorced and let her have theboat just to get rid of the headaches it is giving me lol crikey!!

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 5:26pm
xkon..like i say to all the unhappy boat owners..SELL THE BLOODY THING or you may's well be married

-------------
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:10pm
Ok Greg here's the family runabout come gamefisher.  Was working on getting a  7m hardtop but  wife has put an end to that.  Says if you  can catch a marlin  with  this boat you don't  need a  bigger  one. Damn it!

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:25pm
Nice what did the stripy weigh in at??? where was it caught??

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 6:49pm
Only went 80kg, caught it out of Tutukaka on 1st April this year. Due to work etc this was my one and only gamefish for the season.

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:21pm
Gota be happy with that mate 80kgs for ya first marlin, better than my one,,,zilch zero, nuda, YET!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 02 May 2007 at 9:37pm
part of boating thoe tobez i guess.  money holes inc they is lol. but we enjoy em lot's. in 4 years i hope to get a marco 700 souwester. i may be paying back the finance till the day i die but dam a mans gotta fish thoe :) so may as well do it in style.

Posted By: Saltiga
Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 12:56pm

Posted By: Redfinger
Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:53pm

Nice boat.

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 5:26pm
I know how you feel Obsession, I only got one too ....

Big%20smile

Date Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:37pm
what model Billfisher is that Saltiga? I like the look of the new model they have but not a fan of the enclosed hardtop, that one of yours looks nice...

Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:59am
thanks for the PM Sam, understood....nice machine

Posted By: wnw
Date Posted: 12 May 2007 at 9:06am
I cant wait till I win Lotto.....all these boats are fantastic

I just got my first boat and couldnt afford a new one....got a Visticraft VIP with a 140 Suzi on the back....shes an oldy but a goody....we are having HEAPS of fun and enjoying fresh fish again...Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Ski
Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 9:16pm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/skifisho/hotspotsandspit.jpg - http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/skifisho/hotspotsandspit.jpg

-------------
yamaha reliability
senator stability
shimano superiority
the rest is up to the fish!

Date Posted: 16 May 2007 at 10:08pm
Nice rig ski love them senators what size is it???

Date Posted: 17 May 2007 at 10:00am
Ski you would of loved the one we had in next door to work last week.
8.5 Senator with twin 200 verados, bloody big unit on a trailer but.
It was a POA survey boat.

-------------

Posted By: Lurcher
Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:19am
here's mine, almost finished built from sheets of "2nds" alloy and bits from trademe, redrabbit donated the steering, and the bollard. Feel like a poor cuzzy from the deep south on here where the hell do all you jaffa's get all your cash from? no wonder Cullen's forcing us to start piggy banks!!!

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:10pm
Hey lurcher.
Great to see it's almost finished! Has it been wet yet?
Got a name?

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:16pm
nah  haven't had it wet yet, no name either just finished wiring the trailer tonight. Need to get a Wof and an extrusion welded down the sides of each pontoon as a bash rail, bolt the seats in, some hand rails and a bit of wiring to finish. 

Posted By: ramprage
Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:05am
We done Lurcher,from one of those jaffas that you are talking about.But as a matter of intrest what do is your budget for such a project

Posted By: Badfish
Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 4:52pm
Make:                    Ocean Kayak
Model:                   Prowler Elite 4.5
Motor:                   2ap (two arm power) Guns
Top Speed:            8knots (towed behind 31.2kg kingi)
Cruising speed:      4.5knots (3 knots, hungover )
Fuel Consumption: Usually 6 weetbix

Likes: Versitile, don't need a boat ramp, no running cost or
              maintenance, no hull slap, can't be sunk and doesn't matter if it       
              capsizes just turn it back over. Can take it into the rocks without   
              and worries.

Dislikes: Sharks bigger than me. Wish it could be more visible for
                  other boaties, wish they'd make a console for electronics!    
                  Tranducer scupper attachments only made for humminbird so                     
                  you either have to go with them or make your own.

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: LEVCAT
Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 6:25pm
what's this about being towed behind a 31.2 kg kingy,

fact or fiction???

Posted By: Badfish
Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 7:21pm
Fact!
Got it in the BOI March 2005
Actually was an older version of this yak but pretty similar.
Took 2+ hours to boat, and had to get a lift back with a mate as I couldn't lift my arms let alone paddle anywhere.

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:19am
Gidday Ramprage
Budget is under 10K including electronics and auxilliary (motors are 2nd hand of course).

Posted By: rocko
Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 7:18pm

Posted By: rocko
Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 7:24pm
Sorry failed to mention recently bought off T&E $1k- on trailer, anchor,rope,fuel tank,reco 25hp johnson gets up on the plane quikly, fibreglass hull

-------------

Posted By: Mejiro
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 3:34pm
 Yamaha PC30 series 111
Power twin volvo 200 hp
Top speed 30 knots
Cruise 22 knots
My first launch after a 20' Lazercraft so I can't compare it to anything. Fuel should be under 30lph, I had a day out recently stooging around the top end of Waiheke then out to Anchorite and back to Westpark on $200 diesel, and we were chasing workups all over the place. I love it, also although it's a Jap import it was built in West Auckland.
The only bad points I can think of are that the owners manual is in Japanese and I should probably have the plotter in the cabin instead of on the flybridge.  Just thought of that.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 5:05pm
ok mate go to edit now at the top of the post is a little tree click on it and then go to browse double click the pic and it loads it you just need to say OK to load it to your thread,.

-------------

Posted By: dlh21
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 7:49pm
Hi,
Here is mine - Rayglass 2150 with Yamaha 200hp 2 stroke.
Top speed 80kph. Likes great all round boat, electric toilet for the missus, plenty of fishing room, underfloor live bait tank, electric anchor winch.
Dislikes: the fact I haven't been out fishing for 4 weeks and the next 7 days is not looking any better. And it can use a fair bit of fuel Cry

Posted By: dlh21
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 7:53pm
Oh - and the last post was on dry land. Heres a better view.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 8:37pm
days is not looking any better. And it can use a fair bit of fuel....

how many LPH are you doing on the guage...we got pretty good fuel consumption on the same rig..?

-------------

Posted By: [email protected]
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 9:36pm
Buccaneer 605
Just after I bought her, two weeks up in BoI and Snells Beach brilliant weather, crays, diving, Scollies. and a marlin on for 5 mins.
A few mods for the old girl, have now raised and shifted the Rocket launcher to the back of the canopy where it should be.
Good cockpit space.
Min length of 6m for my first boat powered by a 140hp Yamaha.
Slowly adding those touches that make for a better fishing machine.
Great on the lake and coastal fishing off Gisborne/Mahia.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by slackline slackline wrote:

Buccaneer 605

Just after I bought her, two weeks up in BoI and Snells Beach brilliant weather, crays, diving, Scollies. and a marlin on for 5 mins.

A few mods for the old girl, have now raised and shifted the Rocket launcher to the back of the canopy where it should be.

Good cockpit space.

Min length of 6m for my first boat powered by a 140hp Yamaha.

Slowly adding those touches that make for a better fishing machine.

Great on the lake and coastal fishing off Gisborne/Mahia.
That must be anchored up at urupukapuka island is it slackline????

Posted By: [email protected]
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 10:02pm
Yep, sure is just on the way back from a dive at deep water cove. Quite enjoyed cruising around all the different islands.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2007 at 10:40pm
Great island that, used to camp there many years ago, got stuck there one year in a cyclone, no ferries runnin, had to stay in the cabins on that side as our tent was farked , stuck in the restuarant for 4 days drinking

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 8:24am
Originally posted by tugboat tugboat wrote:

stuck in the restuarant for 4 days drinking

Sounds like hell TB.

Good to see this thread up and running againThumbs%20Up

Mejiro, is that a genesis hull on your boat then.

-------------

Posted By: Bender
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 8:43am
Some real nice boats on here.

-------------
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Posted By: wakatoa
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 8:45am

My new launch, chaaa flash as auw, be in toots next game season with all those rich pakeha fellas. Bit of a bugger to launch and recover at the moment, needs a retread on the port tyre and a few other things like a number plate.

Posted By: tas-tackle
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 10:20am
EDIT:  Changed Boats

-------------
http://postimage.org/" rel="nofollow">
http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz

Posted By: GAZRAE
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 12:25pm

My boat.  

Buccaneer 525 Billfisher  2005 model
 115 Yamaha 2 stroke 
  Awesome little boat,good sized cockpit,no frills to get covered in
 fish guts and bait.Quick scrub&hose down she`s like new again.
 Spend alot of time fishin around the happy jacks and up to port
 jackson .We beach launch just north of colville ,Wife uses the boat 
 to take her mates out ,she loves driving it. We mainly use the boat 
 for snapper fishin .Just got into softbaiting at xmas ,awesome fun,
 best so far 10lb snapper. Rest of the time up in jafa land we fish
 around rangi ,noises etc.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Mejiro Mejiro wrote:

�Yamaha PC30 series 111

Power twin volvo 200 hp

Top speed 30 knots

Cruise 22 knots

My first launch after a 20' Lazercraft so I can't compare it to anything. Fuel should be under 30lph, I had a day out recently stooging around the top end of Waiheke then out to Anchorite and back to Westpark�on $200 diesel, and we were chasing workups all over the place. I love it, also although it's a Jap import it was built in West Auckland.

The only bad points I can think of�are that the owners manual is in Japanese and I should probably have the plotter in the cabin instead of on the flybridge. �Just thought of that.
Nice boat mate, looks the bizz

Posted By: loryda
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 8:05pm
I think I've posted these before, but here's another thread i can show off my baby LOL .. Its my first boat with seats and more power than my lawnmower so nothing real flash, only had her about 2 months so am yet to get down to my modifications (many, many, maaany to come) Big%20smile

Boat. 14'6 Sea Nymph Gullwing (circa 1975)
Motor. 75Hp Yamaha Enduro (again 1975ish) starts first time, every time.
Top Speed. 40knts-ish (The gauges are a little dodgy and I'm not sure how much i trust them - one of the modifications to be made)
Cruise. 25knts-ish...
Economy. Yeeaaaah... don't really know yet, I'm still to figure those out Tongue I've just been gung-ho since i got it LOL. I know i got about 65kms to roughly 30L one trip but my normal trip is only 10mins and $6 away.

Pros. Easy Launch and retrieve (as long as the easterlies don't show up Angry) quick easy clean up, gullwing rocks in head seas, reasonably stable and very reliable, can take her out myself no worries.

Cons. Fish finder buggered out the other day AngryAngry, needs a new prop (viiibrations), seats are positioned wrong for my liking, bimini is a bit tattered (after an idiot mate doesn't know what 'take the bimini down' means before we set off to the local ramp AngryAngryAngry), isnt 40ft longer..

p.s. The Submersible dingy isn't mine.. good live bait tank though.. Tongue

-------------
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks

Posted By: Mejiro
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 10:56pm

Thanks Wet Dream, It's a Bertram hull and i'm told it looks like a genesis topside

Posted By: MikeP
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 11:26pm
This is my baby.  These are photos from the ad when I bought her.
She had no name so I named her "Sumfin Fishy"
Its a Lotus 1900, 19ft (5.8m) made in 1985
With a 135hp Mercury optimax on back.
Top speed 32kn  cruise 20kn
Top speed is limited by RPM.  It's fitted with a rather worn looking 19" prop so there may more speed in there yet.   I am going to get one of those fancy Navman fish finders that has the fuel flow meter built in.  Then I'll be able to say what fuel consumption I am getting and work out an economical cruise speed.
115L underfloor fuel tank. 
Since I got her I have added a bait board, 4 rod holders a permatrim, compass, handheld VHF, fish finder and GPS.
Next up is a canopy so that I can go out rain or shine.
Can launch and retreive single handed from Westhaven.

-------------
"Sumfin Fishy"
Lotus 1900 (19 ft) with 135HP Mercury O/B
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell all my toys for what I said I paid for them".

Posted By: kumara
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 6:07pm

Hi Fishos  Rig  is a Lazercraft 740HT with a Yami 200HPDI Great boat and Love the motor 5years old now Heaps of good snaps have come aboard plus a few stickfaces & yfins.  Intrepid One is the name.  We have some fun lanuching and retriving on surf beach but having the tractor makes life a little easier.

Dislikes - the missus owns it!             

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 6:29pm
Cool rig kumara!!! wheres the photo taken?????

Posted By: kumara
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 8:19pm
Thanks Tugboat - pic taken at Matauri Bay. Go camping each summer (and winter now) for 20 odd years now.  Cheers.

Posted By: Saltiga
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 8:32pm
yer i could see it was matuari bay, i live at mahinepua,

Posted By: beany boy
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 8:42pm
nice boat did it cost much to put the top on looks to be the place to sit when you are looking for the big one i was thinking of doing somerthing like that to mine

Posted By: CanadianJohn
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 8:43pm
since this is my one of my favorite threads its time i posted. (gear i use and why is favorite threadThumbs%20Up)

my boat: Mac 420 with a 50 mercury.

additions:
bimini top-a priority after 2 years fishing from a 13ft tinny and  some unforgettable sunburns

comfortable seats- ahhh, what a relief.

fishfinder- hummingbird 535x, cheap as chips and works

the deal was contingent on two things, the wife had 24 hours to veto no questions asked (it was 10 days after the birth of my second son so i was on thin ground as it was). the second thing was that it fit in the garage, which it did with 4mm clearance height-wise. (garge door was replaced the next week and i have been carrying it in wthout the jockey wheel ever sinceDead)

Pros:
     its the biggest boat i could fit in the garage. hell, its the biggest 14 foot boat i've seen, you can walk all around in it. its 2.2m wide and three guys can stand on one side without a thought, stable as.
     its quiet, really quiet. you'd have to fish in one to know what i mean.
     and you don't have to clean it!!!!!
cons:
     its a wet wet wet wet boat. i've since bought good rain gear.
     it uses alot of fuel, it needs a fair bit of speed to plane or it pushes alot of water.
    and the sides are low at the back, which i'll have to sort out when my oldest boy starts to go out in the boat with me.

thats it for cons really, i love the boat!

Posted By: Naki
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 7:35am
Nice rig CJ.

How do you find the weight and pushing it around. A mate bought one, but found it a little heavy to push around by himself.

Most pontoon style boats are wet, but thats the price you pay for stability.

-------------
President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!

Posted By: CanadianJohn
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 9:23am
its heavy for sure. just getting it out of the garage and back yesterday and my back is sore. i need to put a small caster wheel on it so i can push it around rather then carry it. slight slope into the garage makes for some fun!
but the extra weight(350kg hull alone) is what makes it so much more soft riding then a tin boat of the same length. the weight would only bother me really if i still did alot of beach launching.

wet, well i'll get a nice set of all around clears made soon as i win lotto.LOL

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 10:01am
Certainly is a nice riding boat and the stability is great. As you said, three on one side and it doesn't even list. A LOT of fishing room for a 4.2m boat!

Posted By: mozz
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 1:15pm
Nice boat Kumara, I have seen ya out around the cavs.

Posted By: Rockhopper
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 11:25pm
CJ , having dragged that boat out.... From memory , I'm thinking get an old skateboard , drill hole in the middle and put on a towing ball. There should be enough room to get the top under the door whilst keeping it mobile.

-------------
Why does the answer to all government problems involve taking more of my money ?

Posted By: otter
Date Posted: 13 Jul 2007 at 3:55pm
Hi mejero,

great looking boat   pretty keen to give it a workout 2morrow

Posted By: scullapint
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2007 at 5:37pm
The latest one. Third one to come along.Had a ramco seeker long ago with a 30 horse suzuki...strong as a brute and econimcal as well. HMB to HMB around waiheki on 30 litres!.Best boat I ever owned!
Caught the most fish on this boat.Next came a 17 foot fyran centre console with 50 yammy..totall pig with a slapping pounding hull and a donkl that cost a crap load of money to fix..pistons, gear case, carbs ..list goes on.Dam ruddy cold riding in winter
This one..530 Quintrex. Stable as a 12 legged table and tough as old boots!!! Hope the Black thing on the back hold out.

-------------
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.

Posted By: Bender
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2007 at 6:26pm
Scullapint - you sure have a way with words. Good luck with the Quinnie - they're interesting looking boats for sure.

-------------
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Print Page | Close Window