Forum Name: Fishing Reports
Forum Description: Share information about your latest fishing trip
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=130786
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:58pm

Topic: Mahi Mahi in Auckland!
Posted By: coxie
Subject: Mahi Mahi in Auckland!
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 5:50pm
Was lucky enough to stumble upon a school of Mahi Mahi the other weekend out west. Damn tasty fish these things are!

Replies:
Posted By: Clutch
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:19pm
Amazing!

Posted By: brmbrm
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:20pm
Always wanted to catch one of them.

Where do you get such nice weather, by the way? Whenever I get a chance to go out the weather seems to be ****.

Posted By: Fish Addict
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
Cool vid and yes I agree they are tasty critters.

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:21am
Thanks guys. Brmbrm - this is fishing out of Port Waikato... days like this weather wise are pretty few and far between on the west coast but I've manipulated my life to be able to take advantage of more of those days :)

Posted By: krow
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:57pm
Top vid well put together. Day to remember that's for sure. 

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 3:23pm
Days like that you really do feel lucky to be alive :)

Posted By: MB
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:04pm
Very good Clap Would love to catch a mahi mani off the ski with light tackle rather than haul one in on my mate's boat with marlin gear Sleepy

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:14pm
Awesome fish to see. They are so cool - pictures & video don't do them justice. Great stuff as always Coxie.

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:49am
Cool day.
Can you use the drone to find or re find schools of fish?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:21am
Steps - that is something I have thought about a few times... the problem was always that I fly the drone with my phone so a very small screen makes it hard to see, although I think it is now possible for me to connect my drone to my 12" fish finder screen and view the drone with that... would be very cool

Posted By: Alan L
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:36am
Great video - and well done. Best eating fish - in the tropics at least. They freeze well as well - several weeks in freezer, come out fresh. Cool to catch them here.
Hmm, I wonder if in 5 yrs we see a squadron of drones flying ahead of game boats? Bumble bees of the sky.
Alan

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Posted By: Keith C
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:38pm
Thanks for sharing your adventures Coxie. Most enjoyable 👍

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:34pm
I know nothing about drones, let alone that you can control from a cell phone. If can control from cell, is it wireless or blue tooth?
And can they also be controlled from a tablet?
Bigger screen?
Put into a zip lock bag or vac paced (I have done both) for the day... Even vac pac with external battery.. For couple days
I have upgraded my old Huawei android 4.2 7inch because battery doesn't hold charge well any more to elcheapo levetos a 7 inch and a 10 inch to run Navionics in the boat now.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:55pm
Well it has a controller that plugs into the phone... and uses the phone screen to give you a view from the camera on the drone. Yes a larger tablet could be used

Print Page | Close Window