Print Page | Close Window

Extreme boat 5m fisher.....

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: The Boat Shed
Forum Description: Discuss all things boating.
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=127905
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:26am

Topic: Extreme boat 5m fisher.....
Posted By: FizFisho
Subject: Extreme boat 5m fisher.....
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:14pm
The 500 fisher has caught my eye, its specs stack up

2.1m Beam
5mm and 4mm ally
20 degrees deadrise

Im wondering on gunnel height. Do they have thigh height gunnels and toe recess or is a side rail needed for using the gunnel for leaning into it?

Ive heard good things about their welding, can anyone add to that or am I listening to rubbish?

Any idea on cost? About $30k new as package?

We cant get a bigger boat due to garaging. Id ideally wait for a used model to pop up on trademe.

More just a casual interest than genuinely going to buy one, but they do seem the ideal Gulf boat.

Replies:
Posted By: junior fisho
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:03pm
Theres a new hull/ trailer on trade me for 31k.
If its any thing like the larger s/h boats, the owners want new price for a used boatOuch

Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:12pm
Yeah FC boats are like that, Stabicraft most certainly, only one that seems to cone down to fair prices if Surtees, perhaps because they have been around a fair while.

i know boat finance is a bad idea, but i have $10k locked up that id need to buy it. AA are offering 9.9% and 3 months no repayments. my investment unlocks in about 6 months.

Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:19pm
Hmm that 795 Game King might be our ideal long term boat. I like how they use fake teak boarding on it, very nice finish everywhere, the welds look polished.

As for the 500, if I bought one I might keep it for a few years instead of buying a big boat end of year. I like how Matt Watson setup his stabi small boat. I like the cork flooring he put in which is soft, grippy and you can walk around bare foot all day.

Ive heard extreme are very flexible to work with to get the boat how you want it.

I like how matt has his rod holder setting angles and outrigger poles. Id copy that. In fact id pretty much go through his video and pick the pieces I like and get Extreme to add them if they can.

Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:25pm
Sounds like you know what you want. Its very easy to over capitalise on a new build

Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:42pm
Yes dont I know, Ive rebuilt some larger boats in Aus, a Bertram 28 and a 50ft launch. Oh well it was an experience and life is about buying experiences hehe.

There are a lot of nice boats around the $20k mark as well.

But this 500 has a flooding keel like the Surtees. But 5mm hull and transom and 4mm sides is VERY impressive. with 20 degree deadrise it should have that glass type feel and with the 2.1m beam and downturn edges it should sit nicely at rest.

Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:54pm
I have to admit I like the stabicraft frontier that matt watson built his new small rig on. A bit price though. This extreme is $31k, the smaller Stabi is in the $40s

Posted By: Don18025
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 9:50pm
Hi Fiz
That Extreme 500 is a nice boat but at $31k it does not include an outboard.
You can get an Osprey 450 with a 60hp 4S for $33,500..... https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1572475453.htm?rsqid=24a8628fec7b4aed8942394b2ba52297" rel="nofollow - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1572475453.htm?rsqid=24a8628fec7b4aed8942394b2ba52297

I fished the Taranaki One Base in March on a Stabicraft 1850 with a 115 4S and it was excellent boat, handled seas very well, we were off the coast by 25 miles. Almost the same as this one -  https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1622942334.htm?rsqid=ff06bd7e7818424c9af2b8d1d432ce5a" rel="nofollow - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1622942334.htm?rsqid=ff06bd7e7818424c9af2b8d1d432ce5a
I think Stabi have fixed all their problems with their earlier hulls but they do charge a lot more..

Posted By: out2sea
Date Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:31pm
Most 5m Boat, motor, trailer packages seem to be around the $40k mark new. But if you want a reasonably well specked boat be prepared to add up to $20k on the base package. I see a lot of people complain about a second hand boat that is the same price a the base package and a couple of years old. They probably haven't been in to a dealer to find out what all the extras are worth on top.

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:52am
Extremes are set to increase in price by 7% in the near future so Im told

Posted By: 700 LTR
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:27am
Out of all the boats you inquire about weekly do you actually think you'll end up buying one?.... 

Posted By: pompey
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by 700 LTR 700 LTR wrote:

Out of all the boats you inquire about weekly do you actually think you'll end up buying one?.... 

Seeing is believing.

Posted By: Sufishent
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

Seeing is believing.

Can you imagine if he goes to the boat show - the questions will be endless LOL 

-------------
You can never have enough fishing tackle

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:06pm

Forums are about discussing things. Whats your problem?

I simply want to know more about the boat and its manufacturing as Im not familiar with them.

You cant add value so just skip the thread, its the simple. Thats how forums work.

I never ask about something I know about........

Shocked

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Don18025 Don18025 wrote:

Hi Fiz
That Extreme 500 is a nice boat but at $31k it does not include an outboard.
You can get an Osprey 450 with a 60hp 4S for $33,500..... https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1572475453.htm?rsqid=24a8628fec7b4aed8942394b2ba52297" rel="nofollow - https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1572475453.htm?rsqid=24a8628fec7b4aed8942394b2ba52297

Thanks Don mate, always appreciate your knowledge. I think you and I have talked about Osprey before and Im certainly a fan, especially after seeing the Otago Unis Marine Science boat up close, so professional in the finishing, but thats what I read about Extreme too, the welds are finished and everything is top spec.

That 450 seems good value with a 4 stroke 60 donk on it....

I need to measure the garaging before I can figure out what we can actually fit, we hopefully will be buying in a year, so Id imagine we will go the bigger glass boat in 2 years. But from eye sight the current second spot for us looks about a 5m boat on trailer.

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:20pm
Fiz, I know you will thoroughly research you purchase.
And I wish you every success in getting a new boat for next summer.

One measurement regularly left of sales brochures is the overall length of a boat on its trailer including the engine and the the total width. Measurement should be done with motor up and down.
And it is one of the most important.... will it fit in my garage?
I would be reluctant to leave a new boat outside in some urban areas today, especially up here in Big Auck....

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:40pm
Yeah thats my concern hence why Im looking at it now well ahead of buying.

Im about 6ft3 and I think that makes my gate about 1m rougly, i had about 5.5 strides which means Im left with about 4.5m boat or i pinch a metre on my second park to get to 5m. Its all secure gating.

So the 4.5m Osprey could be worth looking at given the suggested price of the Extreme. I also have thought about a Jetski, which are also a lot of fun in summer. Ive got quality spearing gear so I should stay warm even in winter, although id prefer not to where the top half and where conventional layered clothing. There doesnt seem to be much they cant do and are easy on towing. But you lose the luxury of standing. Much to discuss with the Mrs as to what her preference would be. $15k gets you quite a bit of used Jetski. It doesnt get you much of a boat (comparatively).

Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 4:08pm
No problems here merely an observation.....

Posted By: Bounty Hunter
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:15pm
cant say i like the look of the newer Extreme boat hull shapes - too much beam and far too flat in the forward sections

was out recently on a 745gk - with the owner raving about how well it was travelling. i didnt say nothing - but almost fell overboard when he said he'd dropped almost $200k on it... 

Extreme should have kept Scott Robson on the payroll rather than have the owner self teach himself on MAXsurf software

-------------
No disintegrations!

Posted By: Bounty Hunter
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter wrote:

cant say i like the look of the newer Extreme boat hull shapes - too much beam and far too flat in the forward sections

was out recently on a 745gk - with the owner raving about how well it was travelling. i didnt say nothing - but almost fell overboard when he said he'd dropped almost $200k on it... 

Extreme should have kept Scott Robson on the payroll rather than have the owner self teach himself on MAXsurf software

the 500 however probably isnt too bad - as long as you understand that the shape prioritises stability and cockpit area over ultimate rough water capability. ie - its intended as an inshore boat that wont be asked to do long runs home into big seas... 

-------------
No disintegrations!

Posted By: shaneg
Date Posted: 08 May 2018 at 8:41pm
Extreme are a nice boat, stylish and seem well made and well finished. I am more familiar with model between 5 and 6 mtr ones. Know one owner that has one.. might be 5.6 or 5.7 but bought lots of joy and regularly crosses a reasonably challenging bar.
5 meter boats however are 5 meter boats ... I know as I've run one for 17 years and regularly travel miles offshore in challenging seas. In these conditions 5 meter boats are not comfortable and will scare those unused to adventurous boating and can be uncomfortable for those consider themselves fit, experienced etc. Used in more mundane gulf conditions they can pleasure to use, easy to tow , more manoevrable, easier to launch, very effective fishing machines especially softbaiting and straylining and still blue water capable on nice days. If extreme is what you like in that size probably good option. But will never do what bigger vessel will do but then again less outlay more economical to run, easier to use and beach launch etc. Easier resale in smaller boats in known brands as well.

Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

Yeah thats my concern hence why Im looking at it now well ahead of buying.

So the 4.5m Osprey could be worth looking at given the suggested price of the Extreme. I also have thought about a Jetski, which are also a lot of fun in summer. Ive got quality spearing gear so I should stay warm even in winter, although id prefer not to where the top half and where conventional layered clothing. There doesnt seem to be much they cant do and are easy on towing. But you lose the luxury of standing. Much to discuss with the Mrs as to what her preference would be. $15k gets you quite a bit of used Jetski. It doesnt get you much of a boat (comparatively).

Fiz, there is only one new boat within that budget and you will have enough leftover to purchase a Plotter/Sounder.  The Frewza F14.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1626144648.htm?rsqid=f23e372b99214946bea7680ed86f8d52" rel="nofollow - Link

My son has the F14 Fisher and it is a gem in choppy sea.
This hull will do everything your jet ski will do plus take the wife out cruising on a nice summer day. Set up for a spearo with rear step (you do not need a ladder) and splashwell to dump the fish in. And it will fit in your garage. Plus in the Wellington area, it will take you round the coast and out to Kapiti. And at this price you will not go broke paying it off.

Date Posted: 09 May 2018 at 7:39pm
No doubt last recommendation is a good one... I run an old older 490 stabi.. it will have similar handling to F14 handling and will I suspect do a lot in a small package notwithstanding my earlier comments. You can go deeper vee and conventional hull but 5 meters in pontoons seems in that size to offer more confidence in load carrying in bigger seas and buoyancy underway and more stability at rest and control at lower speeds. And sinking the nose/ bow much more unlikely in big following seas. Again it depends what looking for and how you will use it and prioritising above versus more room, top speed into head seas, looks of boat (some still think pontoons are ugly). Pontoon boats also quarter a sea better with pontoons popping you back onto plane allowing momentum to be maintained and less prone to broach. Just my observation but been in lots of boats this size.

Posted By: OuttaHere
Date Posted: 12 May 2018 at 3:06pm
The F14's internal beam is comparable to a medium size adult's shoe. They are cracking little boats, no doubt, but in terms of volume the 5m Extreme is going to be about twice the size. 
A ready-to-fish Extreme in that size is going to be in the $50k ballpark.

I recently spent a day fishing from a DNA535 Cuddy, very impressed by it, only shortcoming I found is that the anchor setup is very clearly designed around a drum winch rather than manual retrieval.
There are a heap of very, very good boats in that kinda 4.8->5.5m space.

Date Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:58pm
Im not a fan of small pontoon boats, for the reasons mentioned above, you get the same stability at rest from the same sized external beam if it has a down turn or gull wing.

Im not saying there isnt a place fro the f14, its just not mine :-). Id prob go a small osprey if I were to go pontoon if Im honest.

So I measured my space, flappn 4.5m boat is as big as I can go without stealing space.

Im thinking Haines hunter 445F or R, same hull as formula 15, or if I can find a VERY tidy v146 SN with a newer donk on it. Looking around $7k. Have found some suspects. Should the Bucaneer 440sport also be considered?

Also considered going back to jockey seat deep V hypalon pontoon boat, ultra smooth in the chop, but ya get wet no avoiding it. Im ok, but think Mrs wants a dry winter, fair enough.

Just big enough to get out to Hen and Chicks on nice days etc or the gulf on slightly choppy days, if its really blowing, I just dont go out.

Posted By: Muzzfishing
Date Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:11am
FizFisho after reading your post, looks like you need a Surtees workmate.

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">     A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.

Date Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

FizFisho after reading your post, looks like you need a Surtees workmate.

yes have considered one. I have worked with the formula 15 glass boat before and they aren outstanding boat. i want to get the measurements for the 5m though, as if i leave the hitch on the ground not on its wheel i might be able to back up over the trailer the 0.5m i need, in which case 5M may still be possible.

although its hard to beat the haines hunter 445 ride quality and its reasonably stable at rest for a small glass boat. which would be similar to the workmate with a full ballast id think.

there arent a lot of used workmates around. if i was going to be retail and it was between extreme and surtees, extreme would win before the S in surtees had even entered my head.

Posted By: MikeAqua
Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:01am

there arent a lot of used workmates around.

This seems to me to be a pretty good indication of owner satisfaction.

Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:51pm
Dont get me wrong Muzz, surtees is great, but the 5m extreme is 5mm plate and 4mm sides. Fairly similar in design in most ways.

At the moment Im thinking something for the gulf etc, a 4.5m glass boat like i said.

i did want a big 8m centre console at end of year but i think it will turn into a cabin boat.

I love my RIBs, and a 4.5m RIB is a very sea worthy boat, Im thinking a 4.5m osprey would be even better. But I know once I go for next years boat it will likely end up 5-5.5m Osprey not an 8m glass twin engine.

I do like these extremes in build quality though, them and osprey stand out to me.

Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:57pm
I only need a gulf boat right now, that on good days will take me to the hen and chicks (12km) a boat that gets me 3km offshore and back when it turns slightly rough. and on really good days i might go wide.

so for me the 15ft glass boats are a good buy, haines 445r or buccanneer 450 sport etc. or i get another rib. something around $8-10k.

the problem with most RIBs and pontoons is, you have no space inside the boats at 4.5m. although the new stabi 1550 matt watson has decked out is better than the old 1410. now he goes off shore in a 15ft boat.

generally speaking, right now, im happy getting 3km off shore before it blows up and can scamper home. on really nice days with shoulders of good weather, out 12km. i think a 15ft glass boat can handle that.

i think to go wide in long run i am thinking a slightly bigger Osprey, ie a Hard Top 5.5-6m.

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:01pm
Fiz, I doubt you will get a boat equipped well enough to get to the H&S's for 8k. It's a cruel world but that's how it goes

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: funandfunction
Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:15pm
FizyFish, go and do a boatmaster course now before you get a boat.

-------------
There are two types of people in the world: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:01pm
Going wide my last trip out West did 125km went to the 100 m mark then to reef 23 and eventually back to Raglan. Used 63lt for the day. When the Snappa fishing good Nov -Jan  I regularly go to 55 meters about 20km out , Ive clocked up 50hr since August last year. My Surtees is 4mm Plate bottom and 3 mill sides.  Have never felt unsafe in it even when I had water coming up the windscreen crossing the Waihi bar.
 Its more about being prepared and having the confidence and experience of what you can and cant do. And a back up Plan if conditions change. Weather in the harbour or out wide always have a plan B

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">     A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.

Posted By: Sufishent
Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by funandfunction funandfunction wrote:

This bloke has had 25' boats, 50' boats, 6m boats, 8m ribs, 4,5m boats and now he's asking about a 5m boat capability to go 3km off shore ........ agree, time to go and do a boatmaster course

-------------
You can never have enough fishing tackle

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:01am
Im not a fan of small pontoon boats, for the reasons mentioned above, you get the same stability at rest from the same sized external beam if it has a down turn or gull wing. 

How can ppl be a 'fan of' when they say that they have only experience in 28/50ft boats off australia?
 OK fan of.. yep get it.. you can be a fan of a band but not seen them in concert right.. but certainly NOT qualified to comment of give a review of a concert if never been to one right?

I recon, and know when I ask a question here or else where.. ?I want real life hands on experianced instruction, thoughts.. not thought gathered by a google serach, of which many are of debatable credibility.
I can do my own google search 'research ' and decide on my own, which reviews, opions happen to be creditable.

Posted By: puff
Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:25am
What a contradiction steps, so you can google and make your opinion up, but no one else can.
I’m not a fan of Justin Bieber and don’t need to go to his concert to know it would be terrible...
My opinion just like yours is just an opinion, not a fact...

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:22pm

I appreciate the concern. I think that should be compulsory on everyones first boat and be a certificate required to be carried with you, similar to a license like Aus, but with more practicial.

I have my NSW boat license, Ive been captaining my own rigs for 40 odd years. My uncles were commercial boat captains, including commercial fishing boats,  and passed that experience, and fishing experience on to me. This is not my first Rodeo :-)

As 7-8k that was for a haines 445r which is copied off the formula 15 which is something aussies consider the bees knees is small glass boats. but personally i rate the bucaneer 450 as good.

i looked at the smaller Extreme, the 460 sports fisher model, $21k used.

What I like is its deadrise, what i dont like is its deadrise. from what ive read its quite a small flooding keel, with a 1.86m beam and 18.5 deadrise it needs more weight. Now I then compared this to a Surtees 4.7m which is only 15 degrees but a generous 2m beam (beam is usually = stability especially with a gull wing shape or heavy glass boat), and I believe it has a generous flooding keel, which leads me to believe it would be a lot more stable at rest.

I think Extreme got the 5m right, but the prior 460 might be a bit tippy at rest for me where the Surtees 4.7 might have more stability with less deadrise, bigger beam and flooding keel.

So ive had a look, for a nice one Im looking at about $19k.

2008 with 50hp 4smoke Yammy (I am a yamaha man too, so happy about that). The 4.7 would be ideal for my current parking restrictions. Ill ask the Surtees guys on their thoughts on https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1631668373.htm?rsqid=05844f45204d49e69839227b706a2ce0" rel="nofollow - this particular model too.

My other option is to just go for size in something like a Ramco and just repaint my complexes carparking lines lol (no id have to get total length on trailer and see if im really pushing it, ie getting a bodycorp complaint).

Something like this Ramco 550 Dominator with 90hp donk, 2006 model, around $19-20k. Im sure I can find a model better to my taste. I also dont know the beam on these Ramcos or the hull ally gauge, or sides. I also dont like the very agricultural hull shape, no chines or gull wing like I expect in good Ally boats (like with pontoon boats how the pontoons act like a gull wing to aid with stability).

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-1628595676.htm?rsqid=05844f45204d49e69839227b706a2ce0" rel="nofollow - TradeMe link

My other option is to buy another RIB. I had no qualms taking my 4.5m Naiad to Little Barrier etc, I always new Id get home no matter the pace. Like ally pontoon boats, you just feel safer for some reason. But I also have that feeling with the flooding keel boats. But I like to see positive buoyancy when capsised proven not taken for granted.

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:27pm
Cannot be bothered responding to trolls

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:32pm

Going wide my last trip out West did 125km went to the 100 m mark then to reef 23 and eventually back to Raglan. Used 63lt for the day. When the Snappa fishing good Nov -Jan  I regularly go to 55 meters about 20km out , Ive clocked up 50hr since August last year. My Surtees is 4mm Plate bottom and 3 mill sides.  Have never felt unsafe in it even when I had water coming up the windscreen crossing the Waihi bar.
 Its more about being prepared and having the confidence and experience of what you can and cant do. And a back up Plan if conditions change. Weather in the harbour or out wide always have a plan B

Do you own a Surtees yourself Muzz? Is that a 5.5?

I ended up comparing the sub 460 Extreme and Surtees and I like the 4.7m surtees more. Where as I like the 500 extreme a lot but the smaller boat will be easier on garaging, plus it gives me options to buy used and not lose shed loads on a new boat.

How did you go on that last ride out west, Puka the main target?

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Fiz, I doubt you will get....

yeah that was my original harbour/gulf boat budget. plenty for a good solid 15ft glass boat. i just dont think im going to get an out west boat in my garage. id be competent in a 5m pontoon boat most places. The manukau on good days. But anything else I might leave that up to the boat next year when we move north. 

Like an Osprey 6m HT. I really love the finish of their welds, like extreme, also the pontoons are perfect height and they have a really sharp deadrise. Giving the best of all worlds, a glass like ride with the 20 degree deadrise, and the stability of a wide beam and pontoons that act like a gull wing and the metal skirt on all of their boats that means no dents. But they arent the cheapest ally pontoon around. I think this could be a long term boat though, so will take my time on that one.

In the mean time I think this surtees 4.7 could be good for what i need and can garage for the next year or so. id buy another naiad but the Mrs wants to be a little more sheltered. Otherwise Id consider another RIB with Jockey console.

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Rozboon Rozboon wrote:

I recently spent a day fishing from a DNA535 Cuddy, very impressed by it, only shortcoming I found is that the anchor setup is very clearly designed around a drum winch rather than manual retrieval.
There are a heap of very, very good boats in that kinda 4.8->5.5m space.

I have had a look into DNAs a while back, mainly because of Joshs post on his Bushman youtube channel.

Yeah there are shed loads of boats and the difference between 4.5 and 4.8 can be significant for things like flooding keel size etc and with pontoon boats internal beam etc.

I reckon in 5 years time the newer age of ally pontoon boats will be in the sub $20k range which is exciting. I seldom buy new boats. They are already endless money pits, a $50k new boat loses $10k driving it out of the yard. :-)

The $23-30k market is good for 5.5-6m ally pontoon boats and surtees 5.5 etc

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 4:43pm
I ended up comparing the sub 460 Extreme and Surtees and I like the 4.7m surtees more. Where as I like the 500 extreme a lot but the smaller boat will be easier on garaging, plus it gives me options to buy used and not lose shed loads on a new boat.

Please tell us how you "compared" the 2 boats.. how each was powered number ppl etc, types of seas where etc.
 And how compared all the other boats you have mentioned over the last few weeks...including those you have deemed poorly built and prone to splitting welds..

We have many guys here who get out on a lot varied boats in different conditions.. 1st hand knowledge.. even mention in many cases whose boat and when with who.. real life 1st hand impressions etc..and many yrs experience.. often that may go back as far as old 1950s kauri clinker 12/ 14' cabin boats powered by early seahorse or seagull outboards .. heading out beyond the noises.

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 5:44pm
I am not responding to trolling.

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by MikeAqua MikeAqua wrote:

there arent a lot of used workmates around.

This seems to me to be a pretty good indication of owner satisfaction.

Yeah. Although NZ is a tiny market when it comes to boats. They hold their value so much better here than in Aussie for example. Pontoon boats arent as popular there, Glass boats are still very popular.

Ive found the 4.7 surtees which I think is the predecessor to the 4.85. It seems to have really good specifications for stability at rest. My only concern is, with a somewhat low deadrise of 15 degrees. Over 10 years, how much stress will the welds have been put under, given its obviously targeted at stability rather than Glass like cutting through the waves. The extreme 460 sounded good in that regard but the reviews werent overly great on stability, where the new 5m Extreme seems to have found a very good compromise due to beam width and likely a bigger flooding keel.

There arent a lot of quality 4.5m hypalon RIBs at the moment.

Still lots of Haines 445r which I have ridden in and aside from being not go great around rocks has an awesome ride.

But it would be nice to have something I can jump on and off the bricks to strayline from the islands, which I enjoy.

There is no perfect boat, everyone is a compromise. Trying to meet my needs and making the Mrs happy has me at conflict.

A 15 foot glass cabin will keep her happy and cover going out on the gulf on those lovely winter mornings. But it also means more weight.

So I have a lot going through my mind on what to sea test, what I have already ridden in and price.

Posted By: funandfunction
Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 7:47pm

I appreciate the concern. I think that should be compulsory on everyones first boat and be a certificate required to be carried with you, similar to a license like Aus, but with more practicial.

I have my NSW boat license, Ive been captaining my own rigs for 40 odd years. My uncles were commercial boat captains, including commercial fishing boats,  and passed that experience, and fishing experience on to me. This is not my first Rodeo :-)

I've never met anyone who has done chart work that talks about Km at sea , hence my comment about a boatmaster course.

-------------
There are two types of people in the world: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:04pm

[QUOTE=FizFisho]
I've never met anyone who has done chart work that talks about Km at sea , hence my comment about a boatmaster course.

Fair call, but its actually reference of land to land. You will see people mentioning they want to pop out such and such which is about xyz kms offshore in forums, not nautical miles, I see it often. In relation to chart work you are right.

I think you should be a spokesperson for the course as you have a whole lot of people who have never even been at the helm yet buying boats :-)

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:40pm
Fizfisho .. nice to know you are keeping your options open and extremely open mind... your requirements are rather diverse but clearly you do recognise a need for compromise. I suspect the ideal boat is an older 15 ft steadcraft.. with a semi cabin (small space you could potentially embellish into something someone who is average adult size could lie in foetal position). Very average ride in anything but calmer conditions but solid glass .. poor mans haines hunter, possibly within budget, marginally stable in good sea conditions, adequately powered by a 2 stroke 60 hp ( older model) and if you crash into rocks while trying to get on to your favourite rocks hopping spot... can possibly be fixed but not end of world if a complete write off. Get a good vhf and maybe on perfectly good day with another accompanying more capable boat you could with plenty of reserve fuel venture to hen chicks from Mangawai or Leigh.

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:26pm
To be honest no glass boats under 15 foot (haines, buccaneer, malborough, figlass,seaforce, steadecraft) go that well compared to modern alloy pontoons apart from the older sea nymph 14 6s with deeper vee gull wing. And I've been in all the above. Maybe findd older sea nymph and a good one of those, pretty sought after though.

Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:32pm
There is one modern boat that is a weapon in glass in that size range but I reckon she is at least 16 feet 4.9 meters and that is the smalller the Haines signature .. and it needs 90 horse power. Rides real well brilliant sea boat.

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:33am

[QUOTE=Muzzfishing]Going wide my last trip out West did 125km went to the 100 m mark then to reef 23 and eventually back to Raglan. Used 63lt for the day. When the Snappa fishing good Nov -Jan  I regularly go to 55 meters about 20km out , Ive clocked up 50hr since August last year. My Surtees is 4mm Plate bottom and 3 mill sides.  Have never felt unsafe in it even when I had water coming up the windscreen crossing the Waihi bar.

Do you own a Surtees yourself Muzz? Is that a 5.5?

How did you go on that last ride out west, Puka the main target?
[/QUOTE)
Yes I have had a 5.5 Surtees for about 8yrs now spent the day trolling, caught Albacore and Skippys looking for a Marlin. Biggest Albies were just over 10kg taste as good as Marlin. Recently repowered it with a 115 4 stroke.  I have never been on a 4.7m Surtees so cant comment. But I can tell you for the last 3 or so years the first Marlin of the season has been caught out of one up North. Same guy also catches Broadbill from his little Surtees there are a few picture on this website some where, so they must be a pretty good little boat. I have taken my boat up north as far as Whangaroa a couple of times also fish at Whakatane occasionaly, preference is for Raglan when conditions are good, also head up to mussel farms at Waikawau.  

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

To be honest no glass boats under 15 foot (haines, buccaneer, malborough, figlass,seaforce, steadecraft) go that well compared to modern alloy pontoons apart from the older sea nymph 14 6s with deeper vee gull wing. And I've been in all the above. Maybe findd older sea nymph and a good one of those, pretty sought after though.

the sea nymph 14'6 is the poor mans haines 445 :-)

have a look at a haines 445, deep v, reverse chine and 2m beam (unlike boats like the 17l which are a sharp deadrise but not that wide, but do go like a bullet underway with  140+ on the back (50 knots+). its been so popular in australia people seek them out to convert them to centre console fishing weapons for estuary, bay and offshore in the right conditions.

a rough one is about $7k a good one $10k.

The bucanneer is similar but not quite as pronounced hull shape like the gullwing or haines.

There use to be a magazine style booklet in aus that described all the older hulls, i think it had 3 editions, thats how i got onto my first 17l then Bertram flybridge which are in much larger numbers there.

Id beg to differ re the ride of alloy boats here vs the glass boats haines is producing, much softer ride. the problem has never been solving soft ride or stability, the problem with glass is weight, which is a good thing underway its just thirsty. so plate boats here have always and still are bang bang in the chop and some with poor hull design tender at rest, most dear to go near 20 degree deadrises like extreme boats. and to compensate for the weight underway and to give more stability/weight at rest like a glass boat, bar crusher added the flooding keel, which extreme do as well.

i think since stabicraft, people in NZ unlike Aus have focussed on life ring boats (pontoons), and thats a real shame as glass boats offer a better ride and as long as it positively bouyant, has a generous bilge pump, and the right shape hull there is no real NEED for a life ring pontoon. I think people have just bought into the safety slogans of such companies. Luckily Osprey offer a compromise with a sharp 20 degrees deadrise and pontoons and generous beam.

I think each still has its place, but a 15 degree deadrise pontoon boat is bang bang in a chop, fact, and they are flooding the market. For some people who need a cheaper pontoon boat that they feel safe going offshore in i can understand that.

But our obsession with pontoon boats is not always the answer.

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:14am

[QUOTE=FizFisho]Biggest Albies were just over 10kg taste as good as Marlin.

Probably less mercury.

I use to fish that area where waikawau is now in a 10ft tinny and further up the coast or in tekouma.

when somebody said waikawau to me once, i was like, how the .... you going to launch off that sand beach, thinking of waikawau where i learnt to surf near little bay lol.

its certainnly popular now with the muscle farms. i tend to fish the other farms in coromandel harbour though and launch for free.

heres the quick trip version for you, have a hand made 24 hook 9/0 mustad demon hook traces with 2 fluro float balls, make home made berley, drop a berley bomb in berley sack after every 4th hook. use fresh kahawai, hook through skin side. done in 2 drops. off home within 1.5 hours, $10 well spent at the ramp rofl. eatings not cheating.

is your trailer an offroad trailer?

if so, ever though about driving up past Port Jackson to launch from Fletchers Bay?

Colville Channel has always been one of my favourites. Seen some flappn big Makos there so there must be their target species YFT lurking, of course they eat the little guys too.

Love albacore, such a cool looking fish how they use those pectoral fins to swim.

Posted By: Titahi
Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 1:08pm
I owned and used a sea nymph 14'6 for 8 years, followed by a V163 Haines, the sea nymph out performed the haines inall conditions. The fuel burn was also substantially less in the sea nymph ( I continued using the same motor) 
Im now using a Haines Prowler 5.25M factory centre console, great boat, but not as soft riding as the old sea nymph...

http://www.haineshunter.com.au/models-range/prowler/525-prowler" rel="nofollow - http://www.haineshunter.com.au/models-range/prowler/525-prowler

-------------
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"

Date Posted: 19 May 2018 at 1:57pm
 the problem with glass is weight, which is a good thing underway its just thirsty. so plate boats here have always and still are bang bang 

Yes the 60s/ into the 70s of several manufactures.. eg fleetline where heavey boats.. Where as SN/ and haines I believe soon after constructed and laid up different...
 Then the early alloy boats came out with thin hulls.. corrosion issues.. hence why very few around in good condition now. Then went to thicker ally in the hulls and in some cases other structures.
Glass boat and alloy boat became very similar in weight, fully loaded.
 The more modern glass boats now are again constructed different, but they have a hell of a lot of extra fancy panels, 'features' etc which only makes them very similar to the older lighter well constructed glass boats.
 The important weight is not on the trailer.. it is the weight fully loaded ppl gear etc on the water.

Th biggest single thing for handling chop, is the steeper bow.. like sea going much larger boats... something that is very noticable in the larger alloy boats at the boat show this yr.
 Reasons why described in detail by other members rescently.

The bucanneer is similar but not quite as pronounced hull shape like the gullwing or haines. 

have a look at the profile of a buccaneer .. and many other modern designs eg rayglass.. they have a more leaning bow.. more like lake, performance flat water high speed boats.. haines and SN are far more vertical.. and the hull is more rounded at the stern than the gull wing stern design.
 The steeper bow if powered right to the weight of the boat hit chop, fuel consumption drops considerably.. the more 'lake ' boat type bows need triming down to drop the bow.. trim down, increases drag considerably.. which in effect decease reserve hp at the prop dramatically .. chews thru more fuel., at slower comfort speed  Get out side on the west coast chop.. certainly see that difference..

Posted By: letsgetem
Date Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:19am
If all the other stuff is over - is there anyone out there who has anything useful to say about the extreme 500. 

Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by TitahiV163 Haines, the sea nymph out performed the haines inall conditions
[/QUOTE TitahiV163 Haines, the sea nymph out performed the haines inall conditions [/QUOTE wrote:

Yeah commonly known the earlier versions didnt compe

Yeah commonly known the earlier versions didnt compete with the 445, the v17l for instance has no gull wing and a beam of 1.83, but put a big donk on it and it flies. guys in aus still use them for game fishing though, it all depends on your tolerance to motion i guess.

but the 445 is as stable as any pontoon boat or SN 146 of the same size, if not more so given its weight. It also has a sharper deadrise so cuts through the waves better. hence why guys convert them to centre console mini weapons in Aus.

Good news for me, measured my parks 6.1m each, car takes up about 4.1 m, so gives me about 8m to play with, pitty about the entrance to the secure gating, one side is 2m drop off so going too big could be a prob as the streets are real narrow here and there is a big concrete pylon on the other side, so keeping to 5m and under could be advisable. ive taken boats to fletchers bay many times yet my drive way scares me more lol.

so the looking around has begun. am considering ribs and MAYBE an ally pontoon dinghy if a cheap one pops up. there is a explorer high side on with a 20hp df20, but i wonder how under powered that is for 2 up. my last 4.4m rib had a 50hp 3 cyl 2 stroke, was propped for hole shot too so instant 30 knots. i guess speed isnt everything, as long as getting it on the plane isnt costing more than a 2 stroke that would be the main thing. would fit easily in the garage. just no win protection for the mrs.

Posted By: kiwiviking
Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 5:25pm
The biggest single thing for handling chop imho is having a well designed, strong and balanced hull and knowing how to drive it to the conditions, trimming it correctly and landing centre so the underside of the hull is doing the work, I don't know where the steepness of the bow comes into it as it's the under sections of the hull that should be in contact with the water unless you are trying to be a submarine, so you also need the courage to keep on the plane if you are confident and skilled.
As for boat I'd not be put off if a 5 m tinny had 4mm bottom as I think it would allow a little flex and the ride may be better also deep dead rises are only good if the boat has the weight to make it work, I've yet to own another boat that would have kept up with my old stern drive smuggler in the rough!

Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

If all the other stuff is over - is there anyone out there who has anything useful to say about the extreme 500. 

Nothing other than looking at them. Everything I expected, welds are so good and nothing is just rough and shabby. Their is some reviews online if you havnt seen them.

I think if glass is out of the question in 5m, this is the next best thing outside an Osprey which too has extremely good welds and the added bonus of a sharp entry too and a life raft around it which everyone in NZ has so nicely been advertised into thinking is essential, for the safety of their children of course ;-p

Those would be my 2 choices in Ally 5m Osprey and extreme.

I just dont want to buy a new 5m when we are moving to a house end of year and will likely go a 6-7m Sportsfisher. Otherwise Id be all over one like a rash.

Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:27pm
Ive read a "review" of the Extreme 500. I can say, that it was the most pathetic rubbish I can recall reading. Totally marketing. That's another bone to pick - how so-called reviews are usually obviously biased in favour.

Posted By: kiwiviking
Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:32pm
That's so true so often, if a manufacturer spends a lot of money advertising with a publication or the like they get glowing reviews in return, totally biased and miss leading

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:38am

Ive read a "review" of the Extreme 500. I can say, that it was the most pathetic rubbish I can recall reading. Totally marketing. That's another bone to pick - how so-called reviews are usually obviously biased in favour.

Totally agree and its partly why we are so manipulated into thinking we all need 30foot Pontoon boats to go fishing these days, that and marketing designed to frighten us :-).

Im actually  looking at other boats now anyway, but Im not sure if Id go the 500, I think Surtees, despite the smaller deadrise angle has a lot to offer.

You cant buy a boat of a review or even just looking at them anyway, without a sea test its all just about narrowing down what style of boat you like.

Of these, I think Surtees and Extreme are probably the top 2, if thats fair to say?

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:35am
That's so true so often, if a manufacturer spends a lot of money advertising with a publication or the like they get glowing reviews in return, totally biased and miss leading

lot in that statement..
Have an acquaintance that writes reviews for car mags... they are very 'careful' not to say anything"negative" or "controversial".
 If they do the editor will not be invited to do another review.. and the income gets cut...
 Also on many reviews.. its note worthy that in many /most cases the boat is propped to the max, oftwen over for a unloaded boated.. which gives above normal economy/ performance numbers

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

they are very 'careful' not to say anything"negative" or "controversial".

A little bit outside of boating, but have a girl friend who works for a very big company I use to work at in Aus and she basically says the same thing in regard to dealing with other companies. Its almost like boat reviewers just cant say what they really think anymore. And I wonder if thats somewhat true with fishing tackle as well?

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:23pm
Can you do us all a favour FizFisho, go and buy a boat this week. Weather it be a 12ft tinny or a 30ft center console. Just go buy a boat before you use up the world's internet supply.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 1:49pm
Its almost like boat reviewers just cant say what they really think anymore. And I wonder if thats somewhat true with fishing tackle as well?

Goes for everthing where the reveiwer gets paid for the srticual by the magazine/ web site.. and lets not forget those reviews made by the retail or whole sale outlet that sells the product...
 Who actually checks the credentuals of the publisher AND writer?

Further to Kitno's  comment...
 everything asked (all subjects) commented has been asked commented before, many times  fromj  navionics, boats , winches, beach permits, hulls , powering , off shore etc etc
 the search function / button above will give all the answers you require .. if not then ask/ comment.

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 2:01pm
OK, I know I digressed, but now lets get back the original topic, again, please.

Extreme 500 or  Surtees what? This is fun.

Appears to me -
- Surtees is much cheaper than Extreme? Correct?
- The Surtees has an awful windscreen - looks like something that a caveman would have designed, with its huge frames (drastically reducing the view), and rather crude straight frames and panes. I don't know if I could put up with the embarrassment of owning that. Whereas extreme has a curved windscreen with minimal stuff interrupting the view.
Apart from those two differences, what else sets them apart?

Sorry gotta go, the missus wants me to get the washing in. 

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Can you do us all a favour FizFisho, go and buy a boat this week. Weather it be a 12ft tinny or a 30ft center console. Just go buy a boat before you use up the world's internet supply.

Buddy this is a forum. I work in information management and as such the technical concept of a forum is to talk, a lot, to exchange ideas, to build a knowledge base.

Every member has the right to ideas, they are called opinions.

As a member you have a right not to read those opinions.

What neither of us has the right to is be disrespectful and rude .

A post like that is for one reason, its not designed to help, aid, rebutall, its posted because you have no value add and wish to troll/make somebody feel bad.

Thats not on, in here.

With Steps I can see passed how he writes and forgive him, with this post Im not going to sit back and cop it.

Ive posted 1 thread on which boat, 1 thread on this extreme 500 (which if wasnt full of posts like yours, was quite informative for me and others). I reply to people in these threads when I get the time. Im not spamming, trolling, or bullying.

In other words I can do as I please and if you dont like it, don't read it bud.

Steps, I always search first etc. Trust me I know what you are saying, doing this kind of work for companies with 80000 people it requires a level of patience and advice to them on searching etc prior. ie not my first Rodeo mate :-).

I simply posted a thread because the others on the 500 didnt have the info I required and often with "information management" its better to start again, ie a new thread.

If people didnt create threads we would have no forum.

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:36am

OK, I know I digressed, but now lets get back the original topic, again, please.

Extreme 500 or  Surtees what? This is fun.

Yes please.

From what Im seeing in and around the 500 both have fore and against. Ive had a lot of feedback out of the forum.

The suggestion I would make is the same ole as with every boat sea test, apparently the extremes can ride dramatically different between models 500 and up.

The Surtees seems from what ive been told pretty even all the way through, this MAY have something to do with a very "medium" degree of deadrise. Which at the same time is my only concern, tinnies with 15 degree deadrises and relatively dull entries tend to be quite a lot of bang bang. But I think both boats have reasonably sharp entries, which would make the 15 degrees slightly more stable at rest in theory.

The main problem vs glass boats is like newer pontoon boat hull designs, NZ being a small market, there arent a lot on offer for the used boat buyer. So Im just biding my time, but the 470/485 workman along with some glass boats of 15ft and RIBs are in my scope until we have more garaging.

Id be interested in more info on the 500 though as it does look the goods on paper, but as Im saving for an overnighting sports fisher style boat, I cant see me  taking one for a sea test.

But for others, http://www.extremeboats.co.nz/sites/default/files/docs/Extreme%20500%20SF%200814%20lo%20res.pdf" rel="nofollow - heres a taste if it sounds like something you might want to try out.

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 9:42am
Everytime I log in it's looking like FizFisho.Net, not fishing.net.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 10:39am

Everytime I log in it's looking like FizFisho.Net, not fishing.net.

Fair enough, I am responding to a lot of other threads to. Due to my health I get a fair bit of time to chew the fat.

Ill try to slow down my responses. But basically I do them all at once and thats prob why it looks like my name is on the top 5 threads at one point in time etc. Smile

Posted By: OuttaHere
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:36pm
I'd say FizFisho is prolific but certainly not spammy; the posts have meaningful content and contribute to discussions that lead to some good information being shared, even if it's alongside the usual bit of internet poo-flinging.

EDIT: Devil's advocate here but if I had a dollar for every time Steps has provided a slightly different version of his "it doesn't matter what boat you buy, it has to be well powered, like a car driving up a hill, blah blah something something modern fibreglass boats weigh the same as modern alloy boats something something propellor slip percentage something something" LOLLOL

It's all good info but if you're a "regular" around here perhaps you've seen it a few times before. Steps maybe time you wrote a really nice version if it, got it stickied then linked to it :)

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:15pm
Agree with you Rozboon. I don't think Fizfisho has been attacking at all. he obviously has a lot of interest and time to spend on Fishing.net; which is good, as there isn't as much activity as there used to be.

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:25pm

My thoughts exactly........

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:43pm

Steps you are going to far, I am not spamming, I am replying to threads. I do it daily, as do you. One could say the same of yourself.

As far as not on, there is no excuse for using sarcasm and saying things like, get a life. I havnt said this to you have I?

Manners go a long way on forums, with the experience you say you have, you should know this.

Can we please leave this off the threads, there are people actually looking for information out of them, not days of our lives drama.I responded to the person with my feelings and it should have been left there. I didnt need a second hammering from you.

The big difference between your daily replies and steps is that Steps replies are actually useful unlike yours.

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:51pm
EDIT: Devil's advocate here but if I had a dollar for every time Steps has provided a slightly different version of his "it doesn't matter what boat you buy, it has to be well powered, 

yes Roz you have a piont.
 each of those are based on actual boats, marine design and engineering accepted formula and principles to ppl who fail to make use of the of the search button before posting.
 yes a stickey would be of use.. even then ppl still consistently dont read stickies.
 Bit of catch 22.
The issue is so many posts, from navionics on a tab to tapping a 'glass hull with a knuckle are simply incorrect advice that put those asking , in some cases up a creek without a paddle.
Advice based on experience and knowledge is good, advice based on "opinion"/ hearsay is dangerous... and it has to be noted some posts made have been so wrong.. certain brand of very reputable boat welds crk.. have been detailed...
 Sure I drop a clanger once in while ...get pointed out.. I have either got it wrong or misunderstood.
 Yep I get that, dont have an issue.
 But when a person is doing it so often and so frequent, then when called out gets upset offering no explanation other than indignant getting called out so often, digressing and ignoring the correction altogether...
 FF doesnt attack.. or rather very careful in wording.. thats not the issue .. the issue is good info not make something up for another post for sake of posting. 
 and good info beyond sale brochures type of thing

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:55pm
Crikey - even the banner ads have decided that this thread is getting rather tedious and abandoned ship!

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:13pm
I've hidden a couple of posts that don't contribute to the thread. Yes Fiz is posting a lot of stuff, if you object to it just sit back and have a quiet giggle if you must but lets stick to the topic at hand. As Grunta says it is getting a bit tedious.

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:51pm

[QUOTE=FizFisho]
The big difference between your daily replies and steps is that Steps replies are actually useful unlike yours.

You dont like it, dont read it, simple rule for simple minds, just like reading your tedious fishing reports.

I have plenty of people on here who like what I have to say and if your not one of them, I dont give a ....

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:00pm
This is not a kindergarten chaps so how about acting like adults. FF - if a number of people are telling you the same thing then maybe it's worth thinking about.

Either back to the point of the thread or it will be locked.

That is all.

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:01pm
Just delete the thread grunta, I dont have time for haters and bullies and dont want to get sucked down to that level.

And likewise there are plenty of people telling them to keep their negativity to themselves.

Date Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:28pm

[QUOTE=FizFisho]

You dont like it, dont read it, simple rule for simple minds, just like reading your tedious fishing reports.

I have plenty of people on here who like what I have to say and if your not one of them, I dont give a ....

I guess the one thing about my tiedous fishing reports is that I actually go fishing and have a boat....

Anyway I shall just skip the Fizfisho.net posts in future :-) 

Good luck with your search for a boat.

Print Page | Close Window