Print Page | Close Window

Chur (Waiuku Forest access)

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Newbies Corner
Forum Description: If you're new to fishing this is the place to ask any questions about getting started ...
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=126511
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:05am

Topic: Chur (Waiuku Forest access)
Posted By: DAlan
Subject: Chur (Waiuku Forest access)
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 8:41pm
Chur everyone,

(Admin please move if in wrong forum)

Long time lurker first time poster! As someone who didnt fish too much as a kid this forum has been a surrogate in education with many days trawling through threads after a fishless day from the beach.

So thanks to all for your knowledge and expertise im sure you have helped thousands of others.

Im a hopeless surfcaster from HB now in papakura and tend to go to port waikato when I can, just wondering if anyone knows best way (if possible) to access the opposite side of the rivermouth i.e across the river from the dunes. Seen some people over there looks like forrestry roads?

Anyway thanks for any advice look forward to contributing now im settled and getting stuck in.

Cheers

Replies:
Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:57am
Hi welcome to the forums.Access to the northern side f the river is via the Waiuku forestry. I haven't been there in over 20 yearsand I'm unsure of current access. I'm sure someone else will be able to help

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:28pm
Can anyone with more recent knowledge help out DAlan on access to the forestry side of the river?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:01pm
Thanks smudge got some off the record advice! Will have to try it out. Pretty crazy somewhere so isolated is that close to auckland. If anyone reading this heads out that way or anywhere within a few hours or auckland and needs a companion flick me a message always keen to learn.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:44pm
How has the fishing been in the forest DAlan? Did you get out there?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:16pm
Hey smudge sorry for late reply! I went to go out there 2 weeks ago but road was closed for grading so had to miss it. Back from hols and into work now so planning on going out tomorrow morning hopefully. The forest manager says road is back open. Will let report how it goes, however if nothing is biting its more likely user error than location haha.

Cheers

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:38pm
Hi Dalan, did you get out? I'm keen to know how the forestry is fishing these days

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 6:08am
Looks like DAlan got lost in the forest Big smile. Anyone else been to the Waiuku Forrest lately? I'm keen to hear how it's fishing.

-------------

Posted By: fishfryer
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 11:07pm
I been there smudge but caught n othing

-------------
I have met The Brown Bomber. I am still alive

Print Page | Close Window