Print Page | Close Window

Coromandel-FC boats soft bait champs 2017?

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Soft Bait Fishing
Forum Description: Anything to do with this latest and greatest way of catching our favourite species
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=123688
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:07am

Topic: Coromandel-FC boats soft bait champs 2017?
Posted By: COROfishn
Subject: Coromandel-FC boats soft bait champs 2017?
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:22pm
Anyone know if the Soft Bait champs is on this year in Coromandel? If so, When?

Replies:
Posted By: PJay
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 9:36am
I had an email from Joe a couple of months ago confirming it was to be on 31 March/1 April.

I've booked accommodation, my brother's coming over from Australia again, and we're bringing a Wavedancer boat down from Auckland, but there has been an ominous silence in recent weeks.

We'll still be fishing softies and slow jigs to the same formula, but I somehow doubt there'll be an organized comp.

-------------
PJ

Posted By: Potty
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by PJay PJay wrote:

I had an email from Joe a couple of months ago confirming it was to be on 31 March/1 April.

I've booked accommodation, my brother's coming over from Australia again, and we're bringing a Wavedancer boat down from Auckland, but there has been an ominous silence in recent weeks.

We'll still be fishing softies and slow jigs to the same formula, but I somehow doubt there'll be an organized comp.

Shocked no yak PJay?

It must be an exclusive invites only comp, cause I haven't heard a thing.

-------------
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash. http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:24pm
Hi, Laurie

No yak - Nick's now a qualified skipper and taking Wavedancer boats out from Westhaven at weekends, so we decided to see how he goes as a charter skipper for us.  He's the best recreational fisherman I've ever seen in private life, but this was to be our tough test for him.

But...I've been nagging Joe by email since about September last year, which is how I've heard, as well as watching the NZSBC facebook page.

However, for you and everybody: I spoke to Joe yesterday.  The contest is postponed yet again, this time for health reasons.

-------------
PJ

Posted By: corokid
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 1:56pm
So are you till coming down to Coro PJ.
I can't do the 31st as starting a new Auckland based job(mon-friday) that week , but happy to maybe catch up and provide some friendly competition on the 1st (Sat) , since the official comp off. Might be a few more that a keen Wink

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:22am
Our plan's to leave from Westhaven each day; may or may not get to Coro/Colville Channel/Cuvier.

But since we cruise at 26kts, anything's possible.

-------------
PJ

Print Page | Close Window