Kings Spots

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kings Spots
    Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:46am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Posted on behalf of Adam....take it away mate:

(sorry I have violated my own 500pixels wide policy but need to for the detail....no communication will be entered....thanks)

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:02am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting. Pollard told me that the squiggles were the lines just down from where you have put the word fingers.

Thats an area squid and I worked for a few hours at the one base.

can we have some more areas highlighted on here please. IE the banks etc ????????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:13am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Last week from the sounds of it, the fish were moving up the bank all week, and we got there all the boats were driving around a small area of water at the magnet. Thats enough to drive anyone mad we buggered off down to the squiggles and found one. This is a very producive part of the bank and was holding good scatterings of bait last week. The 200m dropoff SW of the 28m rock on the bank is another good area to look at on the return to the islands (where we lost a Blue last week). The rise to the islands where the pink dotted line goes through often seems to produce strikes too. Last week the water between Spirits and the fingers was cold, dead and green then started to rise above 18deg around there, so that area is not worth much effort at the moment. Primetime is up there next week with SaltyC onboard, so follow him around driving 1m back from his riggers, Im sure they wont mind
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:15am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

2 different squiggles Bushie, they are actually the line just to the left of the hook directly north of Hoopers point, they fished well about a week before the Houhora. 

Also Skip, most boats will be on VHF channel 69 on the banks, and you can get Far North radio on Ch61

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Strawberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:30am
Strawberry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the eastern ridge between the sguiggles and the magnet was anouther good place to look, is a better bet for a blue ,

most of the boats seem to congragate around the magnet , when its hot, can be a pain in the arse with boats ducking and diving all over the place

strawberry

"The sharks are circling"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:27pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Adam has updated the chart with a few more features...great stuff....thanks mate....only 8 months to go!

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skip_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:35pm
Skip_1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for all the usefull info guys  - and particularly Adam - we expect to be in whangaroa friday night to kick off at sparrows fart saturday

cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:52pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very cool. Cheers Adam and Kerren
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Damo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:57pm
Damo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just about go dizzy looking at all those contour lines

very handy dandy info - happy hunting

Cheers - Damo

www.charterconnection.co.nz
Facebook: Diversity-Fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 2:58pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

How about doing charts like that for Houhora, Whangaraoa and Tutes?

Showing main features.

Please no more violations.

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:05pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yes Houhora/Whangaraoa would be very handy. I think I have most of the areas off Houhora but would be great to have them confirmed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 5:17pm
kiwiboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

theres also the 79 metre rock couple of miles nth of the fingers. The squiggles on the king bank is a new reference to me. The 153 rock on the bank is a good spot . Marlin street through there.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2006 at 9:06pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So interesting to look at those contour lines. Got my first marlin, from a double strike, on the Compass Rose.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:41am
fishboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

any one knows any place in the north shore? im leaving around the east coast....