International Kayak Fishing Challenge China 2014

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ Black Hooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Kayak Fishing Challenge China 2014
    Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 9:39am
NZ Black Hooks View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sorry for cross posting-just spreading the word!!

Happy New Year to you all.

I'm sure most of you would have seen the articles, in both the December and January issues of New Zealand Fishing News magazine, regarding the Black Hooks and our 2013 trip to China and the C.A.N. event, so I will not go into detail here about it.

Owing to the success of the event between the 3 countries, it has now been decided that China will invite a further 7 countries to participate, making a total of 10 competing countries with the Black Hooks again representing NZ.

In order for NZ to do well in China amongst all the other competitors during September 2014, we must have a team comprising the very best of Kiwi anglers. Therefore it has been decided to form a squad of 20 selected people (also including some of the 2013 team) and conduct training sessions/team building over the coming months prior to September. Final team selection will probably take place sometime in July.

If you believe that you have the ability to represent New Zealand and do well as a Black Hooks team member, I would like to hear from you with a short/concise fishing bio (max 1 page) and perhaps a couple of bragging photos!

Part of the main selection criteria for the squad is that applicants:-
- should be able to provide some form of proven ability to catch a varied/diverse amount of fish species, either in NZ, abroad or both, in fresh or saltwater or both
- should get on well with others and be a team player
- have the ability and tenacity to learn and research and to share information with others

Having caught a big fish at a competition, or having some form of discount or sponsorship from branded names, is not a pre-requisite, neither will it mean a better chance of getting in the squad. Proven ability to consistently catch a varied amount of species should give a better chance, as would consistent high placings in fishing contests (fresh or salt) using lures.

You may also know of anglers that either do not have a kayak (a number are available to us for training via the Northland Kayak Fishing Club) or are not members of this forum, whom you think should be considered. Please by all means nominate them directly to me.

This is not your everyday event, and being selected to be in the final team to represent New Zealand would be something special to tell the grandchildren! I'm hoping that the bulk of team costs this year will be covered by NZ sponsors and all overseas expenses covered again by the offshore sponsors and authorities.

In order to cut down on the amount of forum traffic, could I please ask you to send any questions/ correspondence directly to me either by PM or by email to [email protected]. I will of course post any appropriate questions and answers on this thread

Kind regards
Karl
Karl Pereira
Manager New Zealand Black Hooks Fishing Team
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ Black Hooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 7:42pm
Bronze
Bronze

Squad Formation
Closing date for applications and nominations for the 2014 NZ Black Hooks Squad is Friday 7th February 2014, however, it would be appreciated if they can be sent ASAP-thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ Black Hooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 5:57pm
Bronze
Bronze

Just a friendly reminder for anyone intending to apply to be in the 2014 squad, that the closing date is this Friday 7th February. Please send all emails to [email protected]