Kaiaua fishing

Page  <1 262728
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Drakar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 6:56am
Drakar1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

With the forecast changing, we decided to head up to the farms. Havent played in there for a while so was interesting to see what was going on. The original plan was to see if there are any workups out wide.
As soon as lines were deployed - the fishing was on. Even through the change of tide?
Skunk once again managed to snag the best of the day, but back to the ramp by 10ish, home, cleaned up in time to watch Bathurst.
Kept fish ranged from 38 - 65cm. The fish I filleted where full of roe and in great condition.
Cheers Skunk for taking another $1 off me - one day!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:26am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

You need to teach that Skunk a lesson! Sounds like great fishing
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 12:10pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes smudge I am eager for a lesson but it just doesn't come lately, happy to take drakars money though πŸ˜‰
It was an awesome morning fish, and they were in great condition and excellent eating .
The beers at 8.30 weren't too bad also😁😁
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 7:52am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Why the late start Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 11:52am
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You know how it is smudge, too busy smashing fish over...oh, then maybe you don't πŸ˜‰
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:53pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sunday going to go to the farm at Kaiaua,due to wind going sw 10/15 thinking it will be feely sheltered and high tide 11.30.Plan fish incoming and bit of out going.

Havent had a chance to play with my new garmin thing.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 12:48pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very dissapointing the kaiaua farmsWinkLeft home at 5.00am fishing by 6.30 all over by 8.00am through back lots of sub 30cm but kept 12 ranging 35/40 with Mrs C catching a nice 55cm.

Nothing on S/B Fresh mullet a little bit of interest but used Kahawai caught manukau at the gurnard comp back in june.All full of roe.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 5:32pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

There you go Paul, The Mighty Muddy Manukau saved the day!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Drakar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 10:01am
Drakar1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This is for Kinto.

Couple of weekends ago - left Kaiaua and headed north past the farms onto sporadic workups. Plenty of bait fish with snappers below.
Was on a weekend away with the boss - so was catch and release till the last day. 
Plenty of nice fish also caught just south of Shag rock where the currents were welling up. Kept 4, one with milky flesh.

Hopefully this weather pattern changes and looking forward to heading across to the muddy for the mighty Grunter Hunter in June!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 7:10pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Az, I was waiting for your report on here😊
Let me guess, the boss caught, and you released??
Nah good stuff man, and yeah top ten is us all day up the muddyπŸ‘πŸ‘
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 7:06pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any updates on how Kaiaua is fishing?? Thinking Saturday.8.30am high so try to get there for start of out going?

Rumour has it a lot of the farms are not being re seeded once harvested. Is the industry moving elsewhere?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 12:59am
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haven't heard that yet PCJ? Is that for the Kaiaua side onlu? I'm sure theres a relatively new farm further north that they put in last year or two?

Do you usually launch from Kaiaua? Usually fish the Manukau but I am also close to Kaiaua being in Tuakau so at times I like to head there. No 4wd anymore for launching off Colonels.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:45am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I launch kkb .normally fish new farm off ponui but holding sharks just at the moment.20 minute boat ride to kaiaua.all almost same time Wilson bay. Guess I will find out Saturday wife's choice where we go
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 5:31pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After a few detours made it to Kaiaua.Fished on the last row,noticed a lot of the inner rows emtpy like a lot of other farm. But slowly got 11 between 33 and 45 cm snapper.No I caught nil,so technically over the limit by 4.

Interesting hand fed a kingi,came right up took scraps from hand,next minute pulling up line the was a  yellow tail just hooked,king spotted it ,straight over and swallowed fish to eye ball and missed hook and off he went,1 hr later softbaiting hooked a king,managed to turn it and line went slack as it was past side of boat,never mind,

Younfg tern sitting on a bouy and making a hell of a racket ,mum arrived just above and tern took anchovie from mouth,great to see,this went on 3 or 4 times before both took off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 8:37am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice eating Snaps Pcj and plenty of other action!Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2024 at 8:38am
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice going PCJ...sounds like a fun day out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 11:01pm
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

There were a few fish around off the beach in Kaiaua last weekend. Nothing big but some nice pannies. No sharks either!
Page  <1 262728