Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 287288289
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 9:14pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We fished the edge of ropers this morning, got there 1 hour before high, got 10 between 45cm and 60cm. No small fish, no other species caught. Kahawai for bait
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 9:52pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hit the water at Weymouth for a quick paddle.
Caught some big Kahawai on softbait before heading back to shore as tide was stronger than expected.

Hope the weather will be fine this weekend for the Clark beach fishing competition.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:47am
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looks like some good fish being caught but still elusive at times. I need to get out and redeem myself before Gurnard season starts. I have had my worst summer in recent years!

I have even got to the point of thinking its my current gear im using and trying to justify buying another rod and reel combo ! Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:31pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Enjoying my forced early retirement by going fishing with my good friend Barry Stevens at the kaipara this morning.
Snapper are usually very shallow in the warmer months and we were hoping this was still the case.
Last hour of the tide to low doesnt sound a good time to fish but this is the kaipara.
A slight drop off from 2m to 3m of water in a large shallow flat area was all we needed. Our jack mackeral baits were straylined and absolutely smashed by fat healthy snapper to 3kg plus bonus kahawaii featuring often but not too often.
Weather was diabolical and not forecast - our 4 knot light southwest was a much fresher west north west, white caps wind against tide and torrential heavy showers - but we stuck it out and it settled down nicely after an hour or so.
Fished from 715 to 1030 - the bigger fish would come in waves and truly great fishing when it was on.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 10:09pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one Redfinger, nothing like solid snaps in the shallows!

I too had a similar experience over the turn of the low on the Kairpara this morning Stayed a little later than you as the bite just kept get hotter!

Inner City Slayers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:05am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Cool to see some Kaipara reports, good to see you here redfinger.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:43am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Good stuff Russell.  And really shallow water.  Must get up that way soon.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote gurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 4:15pm
gurnard View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got out with my.Son on Monday. Forecast was for about 10 knots but the harbour was pretty snotty. We shot out to Ropers and fished for about an hour or so and finally managed a good feed. Nothing huge but enough for dinner the last couple of nights and some fresh Trev sashimi went down a treat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:37pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That's a decent catch.. Perseverance!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <1 287288289