Light tackle Think Tank

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013 at 8:42am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Crabatats at the Kings Teddy would be proud  LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 9:21pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well I/we gave the little MX Avet a run over Easter what a great little reel scored all sorts on it from snaps and Kings to Skippies and albies one went close to 20lb which was a hell fight, whipping the braid off it presently and filling with mono for the kight tackle comp coming up and fitted to the Bossman 250 was a great little setup
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twocan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 8:33pm
Twocan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

well I/we gave the little MX Avet a run over Easter what a great little reel scored all sorts on it from snaps and Kings to Skippies and albies one went close to 20lb which was a hell fight, whipping the braid off it presently and filling with mono for the kight tackle comp coming up and fitted to the Bossman 250 was a great little setup

Can 2nd that, made short work of the 20+ skippies. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 5:10pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can't believe I missed this thread. My favourite fishing. When I was a wee chap my parents got fed up with hauling in fish so xmas came and we got rods from farmers 3' long and whatever reel and line came with it in our xmas stockings, each of generally got three rods as they didn't last long. A tradition that carried on for years, Funny as sin and extremely competitive.
Been fishing 6lb - 12lb for most of my life. Not a fish eater just like the game.
Will be following this thread with interest. 
Current best rod I'm using is a medium dropshot from composite developments matched with a C14 stradic or curado baitcaster. I have fun.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 6:38pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would like to ask now in reading some posts, what trace weights do you use in conjunction with the line weights. Is there a guide or rules that you are conforming to.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 9:42am
Titanium
Titanium

no rules for us mate just a small bite leader mine are either 50 or 80lb and about 1m long some of the boys were using 15 to 40lb fluro and there did not appear to be any difference in hook ups and landed fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
dirtyharry View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm mostly using 15, 20 and 40lb fluro depending on line weight and target species.  Generally the fish will reef you and trash the main line first, though I had a good snapper bite thru a 60lb leader on light tackle - tears were shed
I waste most of my money on fishing tackle. The rest I invest in women and booze.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dirtyharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:05pm
dirtyharry View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just got my new Avet SX5.3 with light tackle drag cam, the drag arm is very well thought out with a stop at "not quite freespool" and a light push to go to full freespool, a nice touch to prevent birdsnests when stroppy fish are at the boat.  It's paired up with an Offshore 4-6kg o/h rod for 6kg bizzniss. Bring On The Season!!!!!

Big thanks to Cam aka "reeldeal" for the great service and delivery
I waste most of my money on fishing tackle. The rest I invest in women and booze.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 10:28am
Titanium
Titanium

awesome mate, yip Cam is a top bloke alright, full of knowledge and very helpful
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wikipeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:22pm
Wikipeter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking for a light tackle set up and found this gem! 

Looks like i'll try put together a 4kg set up of an Daiwa SL20, 8lb mono and Rod TBC. 

Anyone got any recommendations on a good rod to pair with the Daiwa? Was thinking maybe one of the new Veritas or once I can figure out which Saltist to order maybe get one of them to finish the set. 
Page  <1 345