"Watch it, watch it...SLURP!"...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Watch it, watch it...SLURP!"...
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:56pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lovely day to be on the river today for some late Cicada action.... just 25 minutes from downtown Wellington... beats work'n!

I'd love to say the first clip has a romantic filter applied but it's the GoPro fogging sorry. Very nearly added a duck to the day's tally of 5 fish as you can see half way through, you can see it chase the Cicada!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 6:52am
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Lovely fish mate, great vid. Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 5:36pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 5:39pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work again Andrew, it prom0ted me to take along a rod when I took the kids for a swim today... a few lazy casts and slurp, cicada time.. good to see they are still looking up... not a subtle take, swallowed the fly deep.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 6:21pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good work mate, great to see the kids involved, Coincidentally I got a couple in that run last week when stopped for 30 mins on way to a mtg in Wairarapa, one bout 2-3lb like that and a chunky 5lber in the head. There are some really nice conditioned fish round the Hutt at present, the hens are really ready to spawn any day. Can't decide to hit the salt or fresh tomorrow - what a dilemma!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 7:06pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

id be up for a few hours on the hutt tomorrow if you are heading that way....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 8:31pm
michael29973 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice vids.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 10:16pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Mike, Matt heading out in the boat, 5am start, the lure of some Snapper and 5 knot variables is too good to miss! Let me know how you go if you get out.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr.Dundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 12:45pm
Mr.Dundee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nicework fellasWink