"Took a kid flyfish'n"... WHAT LUCK!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Took a kid flyfish'n"... WHAT LUCK!
    Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:49pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a 40th in Blenheim to attend and took a mates, "mad keen on fishing" 11 year old son down to the Wairau out the back of Renwick for a couple of hours - what a buzz!!!

We spotted 10 fish, hooked 7 and landed 5 in 1km of river! This guy landed three fish on the fly (DRY FLY) all on his own on his FIRST EVER fly fishing experience... now that is impressive and all on dry's and sight fished too - he now thinks this game is dead easy and went out to the library to get out as many books on fly fishing as possible...

...and being an 11 year old as much as I tried in vain to teach catch and release - the last two fish we're going home to mum come hell or high water!  Brilliant... thank god for upstream breezes, bight sun and easy fish..

I don't take kids out often, but I'm going to try and do it at least once a month from now on.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr.Dundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:34pm
Mr.Dundee View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Some choice trout there!Witnessed a young fella catch his first on a fly last week. The look on the face is priceless.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:48pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Outstanding.. Im a 9 year old.... can you put me onto fish like that?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:58pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I haven't sent him the invoice for $650 yet Matt...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote luderick -angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:09am
luderick -angler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thats awesome work they are some nice browns what weight guessing? Oh by the way Andrew do you still do a bit of guiding a few Aussie aldsare heading your way and may need a local Welly guide! Do you do student rates I am 14!!!!! plus 22!!!!!
I support any team thats playing against the Aussies in any sport!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:17am
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Now this is just getting creepy.. Isn't it called "grooming" when adult men pose as youngsters on the net?

Royce, when are you back in town?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hamfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:46am
hamfish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Discounted rates for big kids Andrew???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:38pm
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hamish, drop me a text on 021 333 005 if your keen to have a quick evening rise flick tomorrow on the Hutt (assuming wind does its bit and f's off)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote luderick -angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 3:11pm
luderick -angler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Matt,

looking like March/April now was due February but had to put it off I will PM yo uwhe nI'm due hopefully Ruamahange is still on fire!!!!!
I support any team thats playing against the Aussies in any sport!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shut up and fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:29pm
Shut up and fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great work
Gidday Mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote michael29973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
michael29973 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome stuff!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You're a sick man Slab!... Itching to get into the hills Hamish / Matt, this wedding thing coming up is putting a dampner on my fish'n time though... but for my honey moon I get to spend three weeks travelling the South Island in April with Dan fish'n from dawn to dusk every day... so all's not lost!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 10:58am
Slab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Im sick?... Hoonymoon with Dan... Hmmm,do I hear banjo's a playin?

Im jealous, about this fishing that is not the the sound of pigs squealling.. yee haa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Te Awa Kairangi Angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 8:58pm
Te Awa Kairangi Angler View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the value of a great guide, Andrew!