Some more new toys....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some more new toys....
    Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 3:06pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just grabbed some new Sebiles... very nice....

...the ones with the spinner tails look very edible to me. Got some for use here, some for the sollies.
They have quite a triangular cross-section, the belly being about 12mm across, tapering to the top. I got the pic to look good by jacking-up the back of the lure to keep it flat angled to the camera. They are heavy little suckers at 35gms, so should cast/sink very well.
More to take to play with in the Sollies in a few weeks! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 3:20pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

very cool, I have not had a fondle of any yet but look the business

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:53pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

are they the snag proof ones i likey
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:33pm
Titanium
Titanium

That gold one with the feather tail is supposed to be... the 2 barbs of the hook sit either side of the body facing upwards. I am after something for chasing trout, so will re-rig the smaller Sebiles I have with a single tail hook, and when I get my new toy in the water, give them a crack out at karapiro.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:24pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:47am
Titanium
Titanium

First time I have been out fishing on Karapiro for....man, years, first cast with a small sebile, and wham!

This is the smallest of the sebile flatt shads, the ones with the red "blood" in them, which I have tarted up a little by painting with a big glob of pink nail polish.
Seems to have done the trick! :-)
The single hook I got from Gourocks, it is a size 1 (not 1/0) Decoy "Pluggin Hook".... ummm.. let's see, where have I got a pic of these....

these are the ones I have rigged for salt-water fishing, and when the damn weather settles down enough for me to get out and give them a crack, I shall make sure I do so! :-)
As you can see, I like that nail polish to add Puffing Gills to the lures :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:25am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

pink nail polish,  Capt A.. dont go their...

looking good mate, hope the weather comes right for you....

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:30am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice Capt A, some food for thought there indeed...trout aye, got me thinking now...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:42am
Titanium
Titanium

Karapiro is loaded with Rudd, and the small sebile flatt shads are just dead ringers for these, as soon as I saw them I thought this had to be a go.
And as a cast-retrieve lure, they are great, a brilliant little vibration on the lures, they were lethal on the Mangrove jacks in the sollies and trevs out in the lagoons too (Have I posted pics of them yet?.... if not....

I am off to Exmouth in WA next month, and am keen to give them a crack on a buncha aussie troppo fish there :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:40am
Titanium
Titanium

OK, after I have been at Gourocks for ages to get a decent load of single hooks in for lures, I finally got these off the courier this morning....

I needed some good hooks to replace the trebles on the sebiles I have picked up, they had a couple of sample packets, which I stole off Mark, to rig these ones up....

... and of these, for lures, I liked the pluggin' hooks best, so that is why I wanted a bunch of them.
As you can see, I got them to get smaller ones, down to size 2, which is pretty wee, but will be great for smaller trout lures. I have now rigged a few more small Sebiles with the size 1 hooks ( I think the size 2/0s may have been a little large for the trout?), and I will be able to use them to make nice light Inchiku type assist rigs as well. I am keen to give them a whirl... I can see a day of playing with me tackle ahead of me, instead of doing some mowing down the farm! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 12:18pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

bloody awesome Stu...
never seen those before, brilliant idea...
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:15pm
Titanium
Titanium

I was stoked to have found something like them.... it was just a matter of convincing the guys to get them sent over from aussie, there is nothing else here in NZ like these as far as I am aware. The jig hooks have been around for a while, but they are way too massive for smaller/trout type lures.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:48pm
Titanium
Titanium

Well, popped the new hooks onto another little sebile, and out on karapiro this afternoon......

... a VERY nice hen, in prime spawning condition I would say.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:15pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

now that has got to be a first Stu....

Stu for some reason i can only locate this thread from the front page,
what i means is, when you open the Soft Bait Fishing sponsored by Viros Braid,

"Some more new toys" is not there....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gottafew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:34pm
Gottafew View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has anyone tried out the Damiki Japan Vibration (axe bomber)lures???

When people ask me how we got on I say..Yeah We Gottafew.