Shore Dive Coromandel

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mumford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 7:24pm
mumford View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

i dive out those ways all the time.im a bit bizzy for the next few weeks but will give you a yell nexgt time im heading out there.i live in aucks but have only dived the noisys were do plp go round here?
http://www.facebook/depthchargers.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote offsurfing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 7:26pm
offsurfing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I say nothing to see at sailors grave. Unless your in the know Wink.

I also have a couple of spots I've wanted to take a better look at.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cherimoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 10:51am
Cherimoya View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Homunga Bay is mean if ur at the base of the coromandel, u can walk down the hill, it takes 30 mins but is worth it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gundry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 11:15am
Gundry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet cheers for all the heads up and invites and info will be in touch with you all will keep an eye on this swell not knowing what vis is like dont want to risk the drive out for nothing so once it looks a goer im keen.  Still might venture over this weekend if people say the vis is okish on friday.  If someomne could let me know what its lookinh like out ther on friday that would be wicked

Winter is Meh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mikeyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 9:49pm
Mikeyb View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ill be diving all day tomorrow (final day of PADI instructor exams tomorrow!) but if its not too ****ty vis ill get a message to ya ASAP....i cant promise it being a sober message however!
~~~Living the dream...Diving for a living and fishing for fun~~~~
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gundry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 8:09am
Gundry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haha all good mate anything will do Ill pm you my cell number thinking of sunday mornign at this stage look like swell dropping etc only concern is if the swell has dropped enough to give some decent vis.
Winter is Meh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Timarto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 1:19pm
Timarto View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gidday,

Was having a look through your thread earlier this afternoon. I am an Engineering student at Canterbury university. A mate and I are really keen entry level spear fishermen, and after spending the winter in Kaikoura's frigid waters have saved up some coin to do a weekend trip to the Coromandel. 

Issue is we don't know any spots that are any good to head to!! We will have a car but no boat access so are planning on just doing a shore dive from somewhere. Thinking the Tairua area would be good?? But that's just at a guess from what I can see on Google Earth.

Can anyone recommend any spots? Obviously not asking anyone to give away their honey holes!! Just any advice where we might go to at least see a fish or even a cheeky cray? Smile

Thanks!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CRAYMOUNTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:46pm
CRAYMOUNTS View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mate start at northern end of tairua and all the way up that coast to hot water is good.Good luck mate send a post back of ya catch.
CLASS CRAYMOUNTS DONE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote offsurfing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 8:55pm
offsurfing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi anywhere you can crawl over rocks to the beach you'll find crays and butters. Between Tairua and Whangapoa. Just don't waste your time around whaitanga due to murky water...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Newsmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 3:58pm
Newsmurf View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got tomorrow off and keen on a play dive. Any good spots on the gulf side of the Coro for a shorey? After my first bag of scollies for the season, but a fishy spot would be awesome too. Pm's welcome, and its just me so only 20 scollops will dissappear.

I'd rather dive than breathe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 9:15am
Blucky View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Howzit,

Heading to Coromandel this weekend and hoping to get a shorey in. Sailors grave seems like it could be on but this threads pretty old so wondering if thats still the case.

Any advice on where I'm get a feed would be appreciated. Willing to do a hike if the spots worth it!

Cheers Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:17pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you are dead set keen, get as close to the colville channel as you can and that means fletchers bay. Alternatively anywhere on the drive up to Port Jackson that you can access is usually a good dive with kina bombs over a snooping ledge. Make sure you swim around the originaly spot though as its usually been fished heavily by land based fisherman, thats where a kayak or small inflatable is handy, or some good leg work :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 10:19pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Newsmurf Newsmurf wrote:

Got tomorrow off and keen on a play dive. Any good spots on the gulf side of the Coro for a shorey? After my first bag of scollies for the season, but a fishy spot would be awesome too. Pm's welcome, and its just me so only 20 scollops will dissappear.

Most the way up past colville turn off to Port Jackson has shore spots if you can park and walk in and swim around the corners etc.

I have one spot closer I will PM you as its where I learnt to dive and fish.
Page  <12