!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishntips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:40pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:20pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Immmmm, not the greatest is it and I for one am not fond of sharks being part of comps unless T & R  ! !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:21pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting conundrum.... do you keep that record fish, or release it in case it is carry young? After all, it could just have eaten a cow or somethnig, hence size, how are you to know?
Then again, the difference between catching this fish with pups and taking snapper full of roe is......

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:25pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I think this is where the new IGFA T & R / Measure section is going to come into its own. i.e my fish was longer and fatter than yours so I have a world record ..... if you get my drift :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 11:45pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

so is keeping a 450kg marlin more acceptable than keeping 450kg shark???   thats a good question...??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote campbellc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 12:36am
campbellc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by part-timer part-timer wrote:

so is keeping a 450kg marlin more acceptable than keeping 450kg shark???   thats a good question...??

He stated in the article that the Shark was caught for sport and then donated to scientists for research which would mean it was not eaten. Chances are if someone caught a 450kg Marlin then some would be eaten at least. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 6:14am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Campbellc - None of NZ's 4 grander marlin have been eaten. They were all mounted and in doing this process the flesh is inedible. This raises another issue should we be getting big edible fish mounted? I am not saying don't mount fish (I have mounted 3 fish over the years) but again it creates another conundrum as the flesh is wasted. But in saying that it is creating work for the taxidermist so is the fish really wasted?