parore(help)

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clemmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm
Clemmo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by viper viper wrote:

Hi all
Does anyone know were to fish for Parore at Milford marnia.
I have been there but am not sure were to start.
I was thinking on the road side grass bank were the culvet enters or to the left of the bus stop on the last jettie.
Any info would be great.
PM me if you dont want it up on the site.
I am planning to give it a go this sat.

Thanks

Hey fellas. I am also keen to put myself and my grandparents onto a few parore at Milford as it is too rough to take them on the boat at the minute :( we have been trying there but only had one which bust me off on the jetty. Great fun though. If anybody has some info on spots and tactics to use that work at the marina a pm would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. Tight lines
>)))))> www.harbourheatpumps.co.nz <(((((<
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Highroller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 7:49am
Highroller View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I sometimes cook parore when there isn't much else around- have had some very good results.

As others have said it is crucial to fillet IMMEDIATELY . I like to skin & bone it and cut into nite sized pieces and do a beer batter. Put a teaspoon of chill and garlic into the beer batter too. Then shallow fry til golden brown and serve will sweet chill & aioli dipping sauces . I have done this for people and not told them what it is- have had people say it was the best fish they've ever eaten. You should see their face when you tell them it's parore!!

I either spear them when the goings tough or they are a by catch on pipi bait when I'm targeting trevs

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Failbait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 11:47pm
Failbait View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Caught a decent sized one using a piece of squid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 9:15pm
viper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all

Went out today at Milford Marina for some Parore fishing.
Well I had a good catch of 16 Parore from about a 1lb to just under 3lb.
All caught on my 13ft coarse rod using 6lb line & size 10 hook.

Great fishing with light gear.

PS does anyone know were at Gulf Harbour it would be good to catch some Parore??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doctordr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 10:42pm
Doctordr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I know they're in Gulf Harbour, as they're 'everywhere' around the boats,  but fishing isn't allowed in there dammit.
Have tried the south facing rocks adjacent to the harbour entrance, but as yet, am still Parore-less up here!

Is there anywhere else up in Whangaparaoa that holds them I wonder?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 10:57pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

maybe the wharf in the Wade river ?
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doctordr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 11:01pm
Doctordr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

yep only caught one there..on mussel....Im wondering if I could fish the boat club wharves further up the river?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mowerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 11:54pm
mowerman View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

asking would be the best way to find out.What about on the rock breakwater at gulf harbour ?
The People Protest

Actions Speak Louder Than Words    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doctordr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 10:05pm
Doctordr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

...yep done the rock breakwater but to no avail...will try using peas/corn next, as the green seaweed/grass or mussel didnt work there for some reason.
100m away in the Marina, there are a tonne of the damn things!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 6:54pm
zimbo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Guys,

I'm a very keen specimen hunter, and would love to catch one of these parore, I will be heading down to the milford marina tomorrow morning, early when the roster crows, I have sweet corn and worms for bait.

can some one please PM or advise me on the appropriate area to fish for this fish?

thanks in advance
Craig.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 7:25pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

gren weed on a small troutfly
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 7:45pm
zimbo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Is weed easily found around the marina?
Burley I will be using is bread crumb and sweet corn,
4 pound line, small course fishing hooks on a 3lb leader.
I will ledger and float fish do u think this tactic will work?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 8:16pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My son catches (and releases) them by the bag full, to the point where they are now his 'nuisance fish' because he wants to catch snapper (yes they will eat squid, bonito baits etc if hungry). Some of the sizes are pretty good and he has been targeting them on 6kg line so they give a reasonable fight. If someone has a young child that is keen to catch one (and pref release it) I can probably help out after school one day or possibly on a weekend day. Shouldn't take more than 15 - 30 minutes most times to get them into a reasonable size one. The public aren't allowed to fish where we are, but I can arrange it to be OK for a child or two. Just PM me if you want to try it and I will help if I can.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 8:58pm
zimbo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Tagit

My son is still a little young to go out fishing with once he is old enough, I hope your offer will still apply,
could you help with pointing to a spot that is allowed to be fished at the marina? as I have never been there before.
don't want to intrude were i am not supposed to be.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 8:36pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

seen plenty of themcaught a pony club ledge very small hook pipi baits
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 11:12pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What a bloody generous offer Tagit, awesome thing to do for someones lucky kid. Good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote zimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 7:16pm
zimbo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi lb softbaiter

Thanks for he info, were is the pony club?
I went to Milford marina 2 weeks ago, and caught 5 yellow eye mullet, but., no parore Still trying to catch one, if you could pin point in the direction to go I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
CRAIG
Page  <123