Boat Reviews

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 9:53am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Ferk, just post your question up on the main Briney Bar board for maximum exposure, I am sure someone could help. As well, perhaps trying to email Rayglass direct would put you onto the folks you are looking for?
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 3:10pm
Luigi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Can I ask what you did end up with please
Fish and enjoy life ! as no one gets out alive
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2014 at 3:16pm
Luigi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by feeder feeder wrote:

Yea the review on the boat that I eventually ended up with made the statement that, no matter what the test driver did there was no way he could get 1 spot of water on the windscreen, he's never been on the west coast LOL.

Cheers
     Hi just wondered what boat you have please ? Im looking for one at thr moment and cant make my mind up .
Fish and enjoy life ! as no one gets out alive
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twosix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:14pm
Twosix View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when I click on the link in the first post it takes me to the maori calendar (which is good info regardless :) ) 

However if anyone is trying to find the right link it is http://www.fishing.net.nz/fishing-advice/boat-reviews/ 

cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stolli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:24pm
Stolli View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah, I'm finding the same issue.  Would be good to browse a decent collection of older trailer boat reviews.

Thanks for the page address Twosix.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 7:13am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Stolli - There's around a hundred boat reviews in that section so plenty of light reading....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 1:40pm
ET111 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Guys lm looking to buy a pontoon boat between 20 to 25 k l have a bad back so a good ride is essential!!! I like pontoons for safety especially when u have a family what are your recommendations ??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 6:29pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Et Welcome to the forum.
I personally have not owned a pontoon type boat best advice is to try a few different ones out.  A mate of mine has a 589 Stabicraft hardtop awesome family boat, has high sides and rides well. Unfortunately is more than double what your budget is.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 7:17pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Welcome aboard. A Mac 570 could be within the budget. I've been out in a few and found them really stable/safe but not the most comfortable ride IMO. Esp if you've got a bad back. Others may disagree so keep an open mind.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How big is your family and what kind of boating are you wanting to do?  ie fishing on lakes harbours, going out wide, towing toys for kids as well?
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you have a bad back.. Dont sit down while travelling. Stand.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:29pm
ET111 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

There is four of us. Manly fishing l live in nelson so l'd be fishing up and around durville island 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:31pm
ET111 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks but this does not help if u have a back back it is easy to slip a disc when u are in a boat banging through chop
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 5:58pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if youre nelson based you should be able to find an Osprey to suit
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scuba Skip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 8:25pm
Scuba Skip View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry but pontoon = bad back. Buy something glass and over 6m
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 8:50pm
ET111 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What can you tell me about kiwi kraft ? l've heard good things about them that they ride really well ?? the hulls are built strong??? . But they lack in space & seem like they are more suited to diving where l'd be fishing most of the time ?? bummer i guess it's pretty hard to find the perfect boat

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fred01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 12:02am
fred01 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Oh great post. thankyou so much for sharing this...
Page  <12