Do you want to UPGRADE your reel handle??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you want to UPGRADE your reel handle??
    Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 5:52pm
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have started to import fishing reel handles (Large T-bars and Circular) from the States.

These handles make the perfect upgrade to your existing reel.

For example, I had a Shimano Tyrnos 12 reel, but the handle and blank (the shaft) were not really suitable for mechanical jigging even though the reel has good speed and a great drag. The new blank adds extra length for additional torque and the handle increases comfort for longer jigging sessions.

The difference has been HUGE, and it can turn most reels into serious jigging weapons.

The knob incorporates a 9 degree offset to provide increased torque. The knob is constructed of 6061 Aluminum and incorporates a ball bearing in the shaft. This hollow aluminum knob is extremely light weight and incredibly comfortable.

The handle, by itself, can be made to fit most existing blanks by drilling out the hole to fit, but the simpler option is to buy the handle and blank together. This assembly can simply be screwed onto your existing reel with no damage to the original handle and blank. For example, it is a good option if you want to use one handle for jigging and then swap over to the original if it is better suited for trolling. All blanks are made especially for your model reel and are made out of 7075 (much stronger than 6061) aluminum.

Add some power (and all important bling) to your reel!!

If you are interested send me a PM or email me at [email protected] - see below - my prices can not be beaten

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 8:19am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

great idea and product, looks the biz mate.

a good soloution to transform that favourite reel with a stumpy handle, especially if one can't be used from a bigger model in the same line up. good luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 4:33pm
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Blanks available for the following brands:

Daiwa

SeaLine SL20, SL30, SL40 & SL50

Saltist 20, 30, 40 & 50

Saltiga 20, 30, 40, & 50

Shimano

TLD 5, 10 & 15 Reels

Torium 14, 16, 20 and 30 Reels

Trinidad 12, 14, 16, 20 & 30 Reels

Tekota 300, 500 & 600 Reels

TLD 20/25 (single speed)

Tyrnos (single speed)

Torsa (Single Speed)

Penn

Senator 114(6/0), 114H/114HL/114HLW(6/0) & 115(9/0) Reels

Jig Master 500, 500S, 501, 505HS & 506HS

Squidder 140L, 145, & 146L Reel

PENN International 12T w/ CAL 2 Speed Conversion, 20T, 30T, 50T

The following PENN Reels are also compatible with this Power handle:

320GT, 320GT2, 321GT, 330GT
970, 980, 990
25GLS, 225LD, 320LD
340GT, 345GT, 40GLS, 45GLS, 245LD, 246LD
20, 20T, 30, 30T, 30TW, 50, 50T, 50TW, 50W
30SW, 50S, 50SW, 220GTO, 230GTO

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 7:48am
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Blanks now also available for Shimano TLD, Tyrnos & Tiagra 2 speed reels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Benno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 10:18am
Benno View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mint Straks, I've noticed a few kings lurking around up north now. So once I've screwed on the handle I'm good to go?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:28am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:39am
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is a an American site with American dollars, if people want to organise getting one sent over and pay the ridiculous postage, that is up to them, but I am selling them for a lot cheaper than anyone else I have seen advertised in NZ.

And I haven't seen anyone else offering the blanks

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jason@kayakfishingnz.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:43am
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm assuming they are pretty generic so I could fit one to my Omoto VS10 or VS12, how much are they?
www.KayakFishing.NZ

Kayak Fishing - It's Catching!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:47am
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

You can fit one of the handles onto you existing blank, but unfortunately there are no blanks available for the Omoto reels
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 12:27pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah, I got one of these for $11 postage, so not that ridiculous. You might want to check terms and conditions as I think this is general advertising.
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:00pm
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have already been in contact with the moderator and it is ok.

I don't know why you are so hell bent on ruining my idea. I purchased a t-bar handle for my Tica reel through a fishing shop and thought they were quite pricey, so I looked into getting them from elsewhere. I thought that people could benefit from cheaper prices, dealing with a keen fisherman in NZ rather than dealing with websites based overseas (where you never really know who you are dealing with).

I am not a retailer, I  just thought people would want to upgrade their reel handles like I did.

If you don't want to buy one off me and think you can get them cheaper elsewhere, then that's fine, but don't go sabotaging someone else's post - you could have contacted me by PM if you had a problem.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elpescador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:31pm
Elpescador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

considering one of the site sponsers sells these and has done so for alot longer than you, it aint your idea! look at gofish web site!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 4:02pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

plus they have a warranty 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 5:53pm
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I apologise if I have upset established forum contributors and as my prices reflect I am hardly making a killing out of this. I purchased my first jig rod off Greg at Go Fish just a couple of weeks ago and he wasn't selling the blanks - (I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong). It didn't make sense to just bring in the blanks if there wasn't a handle to attach them to.
I am off work at the moment after back surgery and thought I could fund the purchase of a few jigs without upsetting my wife and the jigs will be coming from Gofish anyway so I'm sure that will square things up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 8:54pm
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

BCS are the original importers of upgrade handles and continue to supply them to stores.  They are also long term advertisers in this website.  I don't hear any mention about them.
give it death!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:05pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Guys - These are the rules for this forum as published at the top of the forum -
"This is the place for suppliers/agents/manufacturers to post details of new product launches, and retailers to announce special events such as a store opening, major promotion, or sale that would be of special interest to our forum members.
Please Note:
It is however, not a place for general advertising or promotion and will be monitored judiciously by 'Boulder'."

As you can see, Straks has published that he is bringing in a new range of handles. This is perfectly OK and what this New Product forum was designed to cater for AS A ONE OFF THREAD. If Straks wants to continue advertising his handles beyond this initial thread, he will need to discuss buying advertising with Grunta. At the moment this thread is perfectly within the rules and please let's not start any fights.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jamsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 8:30pm
jamsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Prices are as follows:

Note: Jumbo T Bar Handles are available in black or silver but circular knobs and blanks are all black.

Circular Handle = $49.95

Circular Handle & Blank = $69.95

Jumbo T-Bar Handle = $59.95

Jumbo T-Bar handle and Blank = $79.95

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 7m or below Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 1:28pm
7m or below View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Do you have one for Trinidad 16 A series . Am also after tyrnos 12n

Thanks
720 Buccaneer Billfisher. Honda 225. Boat Name: "Notorious" ZMW9668
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishboy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 1:43pm
kingfishboy5 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How much for the same t bar/ blank on your trynos i have got same reel and want a new handle thx
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 2:06pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gday mate, my brother was selling these a few years ago but is no longer. Cheers